The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Bruce decided on Plymouth

Bruce decided that we should move on from River Yealm to Plymouth. I felt that it would be better to stay in Yealm on the sheltered pontoon rather than face the next few days on a buoy and end up with 'cabin fever' due to the fact that the weather was predicted to be gales. However, the captains word is final and off we headed, with the wind on our nose again, so we motor sailed the few miles into Plymouth, not before getting totally wet following a down pour.

We decided that a buoy off Torpoint would possibly be sheltered enough for the next few days, however the rolling/pitching sensation was enough to turn your tummy after just a few hours so we relocated to Plymouth Yacht Haven instead. (The idea of not visiting a marina didn't last long did it!) The weather was predicted to be pretty poor for the next couple of days so this allowed us access to everything... internet, shops, gas, fuel, laundrette and hot showers - all of which we took advantage of.

From a laundrette point of view, I have now decided that it is better to totally dry all of your clothes using the dryer rather than partially dry and then have everything hanging around the boat, not being able to move (Lesson 2). We are also a proud (or maybe not so proud) owner of a granny trolley. Purchased from a charity shop for £7 - it's basically brand new and really does hold tonnes of food, instead of us having to lug food miles in eco friendly bags; it certainly has stopped the arms from aching.

There are a few places we want to visit whilst here; Torpoint, Catterwater, River Tamar & Dandy Hole.


Comments