The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

the worklist ...

Our shakedown cruise was invaluable as we became aware that we need to either change, modify or investigate solutions to various issues; some just cosmetic, some fairly critical. These issues were documented on a list to be looked at once back on the Marina.

Having looked at the now A4 page of issues, asking ourselves when did it get so long we’ve decided to focus on the electrical points first (James – you will be proud) as the 12 volt system did present us with a few challenges whilst en-route. Bruce also wants to fit the galvanic isolator and earth certain items on the boat since we’re going to be so reliant on mains electricity during the winter. This will then follow with the remaining items as we (or should I say Bruce as I’m in the main, the caddy girl) started several jobs that remain outstanding since relocating on board.

We also need to focus on emptying and selling the camper as this has become our storage area over the past few months and we can’t afford to have it sat around neglected whilst travelling South. It’s shocking to see how much we’ve accumulated that we now need to get rid of. Looks like eBay, Charity Shops and the local Tip will do well this winter.

So to get the ball rolling, we’ve arranged with the local Post Office to use their address for mail order and we’ve ordered a few ‘bits and pieces’ to get us going.


Comments