The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

flying home for Christmas

Planes, Trains and Automobiles... well not quite but very close. Substitute a couple of buses for the trains and add a motorhome and a taxi and that just about sums it up. Thanks again to Barry and Steph for the lift to La Rochelle airport.

Normally we would fly to a local airport such as Birmingham, Bristol or East Midland but because were flying out of season most of the carriers don't fly at all and those that do to nowhere locally... so Stansted it is by Ryan Air.



OK, so how do we get to Cheltenham from Stansted reasonably quickly and cheaply? Rail is certainly out based on cost but National Express run a regular service via London Victoria but not so quick taking 7 hours with a 2 hour wait in Victoria. Nothing for it then but a Guinness or two in the pub outside the bus terminal while we wait!

So we're now in Cheltenham at 2am on a Sunday morning with all the club goers waiting for a taxi... god I feel old!! At least we're warm because the girls standing around us certainly aren't wearing little more than a fanny pelmet and showing off their coat hooks! With Caroline by my side I didn't know where to look to avoid a smack on the cheeks or that evil look - In the past I'm sure she said I could look as long as I didn't touch?

20 or so minutes later were in the taxi on the final leg of our journey home.



Comments