The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

the Maddalena Archipelago

We've stumbled across paradise... uninhabited islands, rocky outcrops, shaped boulders, white sandy beaches, red granite, unique flora and fauna and crystal clear sea of varying shades of turquoise, aqua and blue.

We can see why the Maddalena Archipelago is so popular in the summer months as there are plenty of calas, coves and bays to stop for a lunchtime swim and snack before moving on to find the next beautiful spot to spend a night or two.

We've had very little wind so motored the short distances between anchorages. Mooring buoys have yet to be laid so we've anchored and Park officials have checked our permit on a daily basis.

It would be very easy to spend a month here meandering around the islands but we wouldn't wish to be here in peak season when it's heaving with yachts, RIB's, motor yachts and tripper boats (mid-July to mid-September). June has been the perfect time to visit because the sea is reasonably warm and anchorages not particularly busy by evening. Visiting the archipelago has certainly been a highlight on this season's cruise... beautiful!


Comments