Donna's Blog

Vessel Name: Donna
Recent Blog Posts
25 March 2019

Sailing Abroad: A Day Out at Sea in the Algarve

Having spent a long time wanting to visit the infamous Algarve, Portugal, me and my partner can finally say that we have been on this trip! So I thought that I would share the journey with you all, in the hope that you will be inspired to visit the gorgeous coastline yourself. It really was a beautiful [...]

20 March 2019

Why Sailing is Good for You

Sailing has been something that me and my husband have been enjoying as a pastime for many years now, and do you know what? It has been wonderful not just because of the obvious health benefits that come with it, but also in terms of our relationship too! I can't tell you how many good times we have [...]

18 March 2019 | Bristol

Planning My Next Sailing Trip: Where to Venture to Next?

Me and Dan (my partner for all intensive purposes) have decided that it is time to start planning a summer trip away! But where should we go? We actually have a few really cool ideas at the moment, and we just need to get them sorted into which ones we want to do the most! I thought we might put together [...]

13 March 2019 | Salcombe

The Salcombe Shores: A Windy Day On the Finnmaster

I have always loved Devon. As a place of rural beauty surrounded by crumbling cliffs and wildlife galore, it really is one of my favourite places on earth to set sail! And when better to do it than in the windy wet weather upon the Finnmaster? It was liberating!

Planning My Next Sailing Trip: Where to Venture to Next?

18 March 2019 | Bristol
Donna Louise
Me and Dan (my partner for all intensive purposes) have decided that it is time to start planning a summer trip away! But where should we go? We actually have a few really cool ideas at the moment, and we just need to get them sorted into which ones we want to do the most! I thought we might put together a list of all the trips that we want to go on throughout our life, and then slowly but surely tick them all off!

Here are a few of the places that we want to visit this summer, but if anyone out there has some better options then please do let me know! We are planning on using online discounts and promo codes in order to make the whole thing a bit more affordable! Some of these trips can end up being a little too expensive!

#1 Yachting in Athens

I love Greece, but I have only ever visited the destination as an in land tourist. How wonderful would it be to visit as a skipper?! There are plenty of boating packages available, but me and Dan have our heart set on yachting! I love the idea of watching the coast of Greece pass us by as we lull around drinking wine and eating cheese! Fabulous!

boat

#2 The Caribbean

Sailing the Caribbean, like a real life pirate, is one of those trips that sits atop my bucket list. You need to have an RYA skipper qualification to do this and, luckily for me, Dan already has one from his personal trips with friends! Great! I love the exporative aspect that this holiday would bring for us! Who would want anything other than a day spent boating with your better half while sipping on rum?

#3 Devon

We have been sailing in Devon plenty of times before, but we just can't resist going back over and over again. The homeliness of Devon and the absolute openness of the boating community is something truly amazing. Me and Dan want to move there one day! But for now we visit in short trips, weekends and holidays!

#4 The Nile and Boating

That's right, you can fully sail down the infamous river Nile! Now if that isn't on every boaters wish list then I don't know what is! Me and Dan would LOVE to do this one, even though I know it is going to be a little tiring and maybe even scary! What an awesome sailing experience to have though!

Sailing

#5 Sailing Scotland

Said to be one of the most scenic places to travel in the UK and making it up and on to our relaxing sailing trips list, is Scotland! Me and Dan have been looking into doing a semi-sailing and semi-walking holiday in Scotland for years! Maybe this year is the year that we actually do it!


So these are some of the ideas that me and Dan have at the moment. The problem is that of time. We just don't have the time (or the money) to tick all of these things off of our bucket list in one go! Plus the list seems to be growing my the day! We'll have to pick one. I want to go to the Caribbean!

Where would you go if you could choose one?

Or do you have somewhere even better??


I'd love to know!


Comments

About & Links