Dorice Ann

07 August 2013 | Home
03 June 2013
30 May 2013
26 May 2013 | Fonda ny
25 May 2013 | Crescent motor club
25 May 2013 | Shady harbor marina
24 May 2013 | Home
20 May 2013 | Catskill
19 May 2013 | Catskill, NY
18 May 2013 | Ossining, NY
18 May 2013 | Morgans marina, NJ
15 May 2013 | Home
29 April 2013 | Home

Tarps are down!!

26 May 2013 | Fonda ny
Tim
We took the tarps down this morning and had a decent breakfast. The sun finally peaked out from behind the clouds. We left a private yacht club located between locks 6 and 7 near colonie ny. Dorice and I finally figured out how to lock this monstrosity. It is definitely a team effort. I'm amazed after having driven every size and shape of boat since I was 12 years old what a learning experience this boat has been trying to handle and dock. Imagine a three story 13000 pound building laid on its side and strapping a 27 HP egg beater on the back and try to dock it. There is absolutely no helm or throttle response. You give it full throttle in forward or reverse and it goes "huh?" Oh, you want me to move....you pack a snack, hang out for a minute and the thing starts to move! It's a rudder, not an outdrive so if you're not moving, turn the wheel all you want, nothing happens. Anyway, we have a system down and we look like we know what we're doing and haven't crashed into the wall or anyone else. We made 6 locks today and parked at the canal maintenance facility right under the bridge that crosses the river in Fonda. Yes, the one we cross over going to lake George. I remember as a kid getting off the thruway and dad saying "buddy, you can take that river all the way back to our house". Well pop, I'm doing it! A couple steaks and a glass of wine should help get us through the 35 degree night they are forecasting......and people say I'm crazy for wanting to move to The Caribbean!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Dorice Ann