Still here, Chief
01 July 2009 | Blind Channel Resort
CAVU, temp 80, wind W 10-20
For those of you who aren't movie buffs, that title is a quote from the film Frequency which constituted last night's entertainment aboard Dreamtime.
Today we're still waiting. At last report, winds in Johnstone Strait were still anywhere from 24 to 34, depending on which station report you listened to. Waiting is very difficult, but there's a distinct lack of alternatives. We may leave here tomorrow and go anchor in the Cordero Islands, which are less than a mile away. Just something DIFFERENT, y'know? We took a hike today, up along the logging roads above the marina. We weren't able to get to a point where you could actually look down on the marina, but it was a good bit of exercise. Lenora was worried that we were going to be dinner for the local bears and we did actually see some bear tracks, but the bears were occupied elsewhere and left us alone. The picture shows us at the point where we gave up and headed back.
Waiting is a pain, but we have no other choice. We are NOT going to go out and get the $%&* beat out of us fighting 35 knot headwinds in the Strait. It can't keep blowing like this all summer.
Well, maybe it can...