Dream Weaver News

20 March 2007 | St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
03 March 2007 | St. Maarten/ St. Martin
21 February 2007 | Grand Anse, St. Martin
07 January 2007 | English Harbor, Antigua
22 December 2006 | Guadeloupe
26 November 2006 | St. Anne, Martinique
25 November 2006 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
15 November 2006 | Bequia Island, The Grenadines
09 November 2006 | Tobago Cays, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
08 November 2006 | Petite St=2E Vincent/Petite Martinique
07 November 2006 | Tyrrel Bay, Carriacou Island, Grenada
04 November 2006 | Prickly Bay, Grenada
02 November 2006 | Scotland Bay, Trinidad
30 September 2006 | Chaguaramas Bay, Trinidad
09 July 2006 | Chaguaramas Bay, Trinidad
29 June 2006 | St. Georges lagoon; Grenada
26 June 2006 | Carriacou Island, Grenada
22 June 2006 | Tobago Cays, The Grenadines
18 June 2006 | Bequia, The Grenadines
16 June 2006 | southern St. Lucia

Thanksgiving in Bequia

15 November 2006 | Bequia Island, The Grenadines
Karin
The beautiful island of Bequia was as charming and enjoyable during our second visit as it had been when were there last June. We had friends on several boats and greatly enjoyed their company, especially Thanksgiving dinner in a local restaurant complete with roast turkey and accompanied by side dishes with local seasonings (the sweet potatoes were especially good). Arriving at Thanksgiving dinner in a dinghy wearing a sundress and sandals felt unusual, having a special occassion seemed appropriate; most of the American cruisers had a celebration either at a restaurant or at a potluck on one of the boats. I am still not sure how anyone managed to cook a turkey in the small boat oven; in fact, I'm a little amazed they could find a turkey at all. But you must remember that full time cruisers become experts at finding things; so I guess skills learned when finding the needed fan belt work just as well when locating a frozen turkey.

Tour of Moonhole We missed seeing this really unique place during our first stop here and were glad when a tour was organized. Moonhole is very hard to describe; basically, it is a group of about 30 houses literally dug into the cliffs and rocks. From the water it looks like a lot of large caverns dug into cliff and you can't really see that there is anything inside these holes in the rock, which are actually various rooms. The first house was built during the 1960's and located mostly under the "Moonhole", which is actually a large arch in the rock cliff. Most of the rooms are open to the elements; electricity comes from a generator and rain water is collected in a cistern. The shower has no roof. A total of about 30 houses were built in this area. It is very private and difficult to get to. A few of the homes are occupied and a few are rented as vacation places. Our guide book describes it as "a special kind of vacation home for the right people." I found the rooms kind of forbidding because the walls, ceiling, and floor are all rock which didn't really look inviting to me even with lots of pillows, throw rugs, etc. The sofa was a stone ledge covered with lots of large pillows. However, I liked the outside areas (terraces and patios) very much because of their terrific views. There are a few pictures in our gallery. Although I took our camera, I left the card in the computer! I copied a few pictures from another cruiser, Jeff on Dragonfly; however, his batteries were low so picture taking at Moonhole was kind of doomed.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dream Weaver
Vessel Make/Model: 48' Krogen Whaleback
Hailing Port: Newport, RI
Crew: Karin and Paul Schneider
About: Fellow shipmates (must have pleasant disposition, bring movies on DVD, and get yourselves invited to our boat)
Extra: Karin and Paul's search for the meaning of life, happiness, and what else is there to do!
Dream Weaver's Photos - Dream Weaver News (Main)
No Photos
Created 6 June 2007
4 Sub-Albums
Created 14 May 2007
32 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 13 May 2007
3 Sub-Albums
Created 27 January 2007
4 Sub-Albums
Created 1 December 2006
3 Sub-Albums
Created 1 December 2006
7 Photos
Created 1 December 2006