Drifter's Wind - Hopes and Dreams

08 March 2009 | St. Joseph Island
01 July 2008 | boat in Florida / us in Ontario
18 April 2008 | St. Joseph Island
23 March 2008 | Stuart, Florida
16 August 2007 | Still on St. Joseph Island
12 June 2007 | St. Joe - Midland - St. Joe 1000 km 13 hours
19 May 2007 | St. Joseph Island, Ontario, Canada
04 May 2007 | St. Joe Island
14 April 2007 | St. Joseph Island thinking of Curacao

The Adventure Begins

08 March 2009 | St. Joseph Island
Tomorrow morning we leave for Florida and the adventure begins. After a year of challenges - job changes, faltering economy, falling CDN dollar - we're finally ready to launch Drifter's Wind and sail away.

With the value of the CDN dollar eroding we're taking more than we originally planned and have had to buy a small trailer to accommodate it all. But our shopping list is near complete with new dinghy, outboard motor, generator, charts and books, and a myriad of personal and boat equipment accumulating in our family room.

Hopefully we will have a trouble - free border crossing and be south bound and looking at a 24 hour trip to warmer climes.

To family and friends - thanks for the help and encouragement. Over the next three months, we invite you to join us here for frequent updates.

Comments
Vessel Name: Drifter's Wind
Vessel Make/Model: modified Morgan 382
Hailing Port: St. Joseph Island, Ontario, Canada
Crew: Wayne and Karen
About: Wayne and Karen with visits from family members Brendan (our metalsmith), Emily (our social director) and Benjamin (our techie and mechanic)
Extra: ""you can never go back again, so I gave my heart to the Drifter's Wind"

vanfam crew

Who: Wayne and Karen
Port: St. Joseph Island, Ontario, Canada