El Shaddai

Tayana Vancouver 42 Sailboat

15 August 2010 | Merida
15 August 2010 | Jaji
15 August 2010 | Jaji, Venezuela
15 August 2010 | Venezuela
15 August 2010 | Merida, Venezuela
15 August 2010 | Merida, Venezuela
15 August 2010 | Venezuela
12 July 2010 | Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela
12 July 2010 | Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela
12 July 2010 | Tortuga, Venezuela
12 July 2010 | Tortuga, Venezuela
12 July 2010 | Tortuga, Venezuela
12 July 2010 | Tortuga, Venezuela
12 July 2010 | Tortuga, Venezuela
12 July 2010 | Tortuga, Venezuela
07 July 2010 | Navimca, Venezuela
07 July 2010 | Venezuela
07 July 2010 | Cumana, Venezuela
07 July 2010 | Cumana, Venezuela
07 July 2010 | Makro Store, Cumana, Venezuela

Unexpected Pleasure

10 October 2007 | Canouan
Canouan was so secluded we could have happily spent several days here. Again, this is our kind of sailing experience vs. crowded anchorages and loud music.

We were the only boat anchored off the incredibly beautiful beach and loving it. The two resorts written up in our cruising guide were both closed to the public with the odd work project underway. The tourists wouldn't be arriving until November, after hurricane season, so for now everyone was in low gear.

Piece of Paradise

10 October 2007 | Canouan
The expansive beach in Canouan was spectacular and only a few locals were out enjoying it. The majority of the locals we encountered were sitting outside the restaurant/pub having a cold drink and chatting up a storm. On the beach was a group of young men playing a game of soccer and young girls sunbathing as they watched. Another group frolicked in the water near the dock. What a marvelous piece of paradise.

Canouan

10 October 2007 | Canouan
Our next stop was an island called Canouan. The next short hop takes you to the Tobago Cays, highly visited by boaters, so we are sure Canouan often gets a pass. We could have made the hop to the Tobago Cays as well numerous but the reefs along the way dictated we wait and make the hop when we were fresh and had the sun overhead. Canouan has had an injection of money from Italian developers and is supposed to be rapidly transforming. We couldn't see from our vantage point where this was happening except for road development. We went ashore to see what there was to see and seemed to be an oddity by the looks we received. Everyone was friendly and offered a welcome greeting but the children especially took a second look. It was extremely hot and humid so when we found a store with small tubs of ice cream we indulged and continued exploring while enjoying our treat.
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana Vancouver 42
Hailing Port: Vancouver, Canada
Crew: Bill & Bev Bate
Extra: Our mission is to participate in the development and spread of goodwill between countries and peoples through Schools Beyond Borders Foundation.

El Shaddai

Who: Bill & Bev Bate
Port: Vancouver, Canada