Enjoy The Silence

22 March 2013 | Ottawa
26 February 2013 | Ottawa
14 September 2012 | Ottawa
09 July 2012 | Lac Deschenes, Ottawa
04 July 2012 | Lac Deschenes Ottawa
14 June 2012 | Ottawa
11 June 2012 | Ottawa, ON
08 June 2012 | Ottawa, ON

Why a Catamaran?

11 June 2012 | Ottawa, ON
Gord
I guess some people wonder why other people choose to cruise on a Catamaran.

My thoughts on the matter are that I have to ensure that the better half is comfortable. This is a no brainer win for the Catamaran, more stable underway and at anchor, roomier, don't have to go 'down' below, just go inside.

The cruising that we see ourselves doing is the trade wind route, thus not trying to go to wind as much, so the ability to point is not as big an issue (mono wins here).

We are also not the types that are into the 'technical' aspects of sailing. No don't go ballistic on me here, I just mean that we aren't out to sail and see places along the way, we are out to see places via sailing - if that makes any sense. The idea of going out to the 'lake' here on a week night to race - eh, no thanks, just not that thrilling. The idea is to basically have a floating condo home to see as much of this fine planet as possible while we are on it.

There are several other reasons why the catamaran, two engines, maneuverability, amount of deck space, storage space, shallow draft, large cockpit etc...

Basically if you plan on doing things the way we are looking at it, do it in the most comfortable manner possible, it just makes sense.
Comments
Vessel Name: Make'em
Vessel Make/Model: Looking...
Crew: Gord (Cap'n), Jen (Admiral) & Cam (Swab)

Who: Gord (Cap'n), Jen (Admiral) & Cam (Swab)