Enjoy The Silence

22 March 2013 | Ottawa
26 February 2013 | Ottawa
14 September 2012 | Ottawa
09 July 2012 | Lac Deschenes, Ottawa
04 July 2012 | Lac Deschenes Ottawa
14 June 2012 | Ottawa
11 June 2012 | Ottawa, ON
08 June 2012 | Ottawa, ON

Water Fun Weekend

09 July 2012 | Lac Deschenes, Ottawa
Gord
Well, it was a watery weekend.

First, Jen, Cam & I went up to the Mother in Laws cottage on Friday. We managed to go out a couple times on the power boat, it was nice to jump in the river to cool off. We were there on Friday and Saturday, stinking hot both days.

On Sunday I managed to meet up with Tom and we went out on his boat for a nice 4 hour sail. There were quite a few boats out, some small boat races, and some good waves. We aren't sure what to make of the waves and wind this year, quite a bit stronger then normal, good for sailing though.

This time we tried just the #2 jib. Quite the difference in handling from just the main. When we tacked, the bow just kept going until the speed picked up. We were much better by the end, just had to adjust how we tacked. I also had to get Tom to put his back into the jib sheet a couple times, what a slacker. I think we have decided that, for his boat at least, the best thing to sail with is the storm jib and reefed main if the wind is up, it balances better.

We didn't try the COB drill; this was just a relaxing day on the water. Stupid me though, I forgot the sun screen, a little sunburnt, but not too bad.
Comments
Vessel Name: Make'em
Vessel Make/Model: Looking...
Crew: Gord (Cap'n), Jen (Admiral) & Cam (Swab)

Who: Gord (Cap'n), Jen (Admiral) & Cam (Swab)