Enjoy The Silence

22 March 2013 | Ottawa
26 February 2013 | Ottawa
14 September 2012 | Ottawa
09 July 2012 | Lac Deschenes, Ottawa
04 July 2012 | Lac Deschenes Ottawa
14 June 2012 | Ottawa
11 June 2012 | Ottawa, ON
08 June 2012 | Ottawa, ON

Where does time go...

26 February 2013 | Ottawa
Gord
Well, it's been another long break in the blog action, but it should get better now that spring is approaching.

Tom & I hauled the boat in October as planned; it went quite well, up and covered in about a half a day, not too shabby. There were no real projects to work on this winter (last winter was the companion way cover). I still think we should replace all the thru-hulls, but hey, not my boat. There was one that cracked several years ago; I fixed that up, temporarily, with epoxy and leak stop tape. Then last year when we splashed, there was a leak near the battery compartment, it was slow and stopped after some fiddling. Then there is a mystery leak from behind the galley counter, possibly the sink drain. We SHOULD look at them all and replace them; after all they are only 35 years old!

In January Tom & I both signed up for, and passed, our VHF license. The course was quite interesting, as was the instructor. He was an older gent that was very knowledgeable about a good many things, the best kind of instructor to have.

I've also signed up the family for a flotilla holiday in Greece for the beginning of July. There will be Jen, Cam & I along with Cathy (mother-in-law), John (her husband) and Eric (brother-in-law). We thought we had a 2007 40 foot cat but by the time we decided, that was gone. We ended up on a 2003 Lagoon 38. It'll be a little squishy, but should be fine for a week. The company we went with was Poseidon Charters in Quebec, I can't remember how I found them, but Steve and Sharron seem to be great. The itinerary is also great, a one way from Athens to Paros (we took the 7 day flotilla), then we are going to ferry to Santorini for 3 nights before heading home. It should be a great time, can't wait.

I guess that is it until the boat gets splashed...updates to come.
Comments
Vessel Name: Make'em
Vessel Make/Model: Looking...
Crew: Gord (Cap'n), Jen (Admiral) & Cam (Swab)

Who: Gord (Cap'n), Jen (Admiral) & Cam (Swab)