Endless summers in Greece

18 August 2013 | Vathi, Meganissi
18 August 2013 | Port Leone, Nisos Kalamos
18 August 2013 | Nisos Kalamos
17 August 2013 | Porto Kalamos
16 August 2013 | Cliff Bay Nisos Atako
16 August 2013 | Cliff Bay, Nisos Atako
16 August 2013 | Kioni, Ithaca
15 August 2013 | Kioni, Ithaca
14 August 2013 | Meganissi
13 August 2013 | Nidri, Lefkas
04 August 2013 | Lefkas - Manchester
03 August 2013 | Nidri
03 August 2013 | Nisos Atako
02 August 2013 | Nisos Atako
01 August 2013 | Fiskardo
31 July 2013 | Kioni, Ithaca
30 July 2013 | Kioni, Ithaca
29 July 2013 | Nidri, Lefkas
10 July 2013 | Wiltshire, UK

High seas and windy!

17 August 2013 | Porto Kalamos
Josh
We had an early start as we were all awake because of the strong winds, so we were all up and ready by 7am. We left cliff bay nice and early to set off to go to Nisos Kalamos. We pulled up the anchor and let the rope free from the shore and went into the high winds and very rough sea. We were straight into a swell of over a metre and the bow of the boat was slamming down and at times going under the water bringing a huge amounts of salty spray over us sat in the cockpit.

It took us 2 and a half hours to get in to the harbour and Nige said that me and Jazz had to get us in so I took the tiller and steered us into the harbour but it was harder then i thought!

It was difficult as there were boats coming out and we had to judge the angle to go in to keep away from the boats and the rocks. The wind was also pushing us against the stone mole.

When we were all settled in the harbour we set of to the beach close by, walking there was tiring as it was mostly up hill and by far the hottest day yet. We were all going to go for a swim but Jazz was in there the longest as I thought it was quite cold and Nige was refreshed. After the beach we went to a bar called Georges to have a nice drink and to chill out ready for dinner later.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ruby
Vessel Make/Model: Moody 28
Hailing Port: Nidri, Lefkas
Crew: Nigel, Marty, Mila-Rose, Jasmine
Ruby's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.