FANDANGO

Bodrum to Airlie Beach

30 November 2010
22 November 2010
22 November 2010
21 November 2010
13 October 2010
10 August 2010
02 June 2010
08 May 2010
24 March 2010
09 March 2010
17 February 2010
17 February 2010
17 February 2010

MEET THE CREW 2010

03 February 2010


Lydie & Veronique - Oct
French/Australian. They christened Fandango in Les Sables d'Olonne, France in 2008 and waved her off on her final leg to Oz from Ile des Pins, New Caledonia in 2010. Our gastronomic minders. Lydie also lives in the Whitsundays.


Joy - Oct & Nov
Dutch. There is not much that Joy hasn't done or seen. His massage techniques are in great demand by the ladies and he always has a bottle of cognac to hand for après.


Di - Oct
Australian from the Whitsundays. Another party animal. Has trouble with counting. She is certain that she saw a certain person from Fandango drink 5 Atlases (see blog) one evening!


Bernard - Sep to Nov
Australian from the Whitsundays. Party animal and ace for his fish curries served with or without "Atlas" (see blog). Our tender, named Dingo, is rated for 3.5 people of whom Bernard would account for around 2.5. Still, we managed to get 3 more in and have plenty of freeboard.


Heather - Sep & Oct
Scottish/Australian. My better half back for another serve of paradise. See "Meet the Crew" 2008 & 2009.


Andres - Aug & Sep
Mexican. Taking a break from sailmaking in the Whitsundays, this mad Mexican wants to sail a small boat around the world. Six metre waves in a bigger boat haven't put him off!


Shirley - May & on
Antiguan/Italian. From a really enthusiastic and accomplished sailing family, she is keen to explore the Pacific. With many miles on and below decks she once cooked for fifteen people for three months on a two burner stove in a small galley like ours! On Fandango we all share the cooking and eat out whenever we can.


Fabrizio (Fab) - May & on
Brazilian. A very experienced sailor who plays the saxophone well (yes, on board). Of course he has the national love of football and our SSB receiver will be busy during the world cup.


Eduard (Edo) - May & on
Italian. A keen sailor on sabbatical from the well dressed end of London. He is our whistling troubadour and serenades us with guitar in the evening. He runs several kilometres whenever he can and keeps in good shape.


Ted - March & April
American. Outward bound/NOLS leader. He can do more push ups than I can count and can put away more French fries with sauce than I can count as well. Going for his longest spell away from a barber, his locks contrast with my own and previous short shorn sailors on Fandango.


Heather 2 - January to March
Isle of Skye (British). Leave her in charge of your galley and the aromas will soon have the neighbouring crews over asking for a reservation. She has her sea legs but is also a keen hiker. If you lose her in the crowd, you'll find her on the other side of the island.


Trevor - November (ARC) to March
Jersey (British). Reputed to be the only yachtie who has two pairs of carefully maintained leather Dubarry sailing boots. Trevor also has one of the most carefully maintained haircuts, less than a number one - more a number 0.75.

Vessel Name: Fandango
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 39i (LOA 11.86m)
Hailing Port: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays (Registered Melbourne, Australia)
Crew: Andrew
About: See "Meet the Crew" in the Blog Locker
Extra: We like our grog but don't smoke.

Cockpit

Who: Andrew
Port: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays (Registered Melbourne, Australia)
There are more albums under Photo Gallery.Thank you to those who contributed photos.It was very hard deciding which ones of so many to show because of limited space available.