Far Star - Explore, Dream, Discover

Farewell Sydney

On Sunday we left Sydney Harbour after an one month stay catching up with family and friends, a great time but time has come to move towards Hobart.
We first decided to do a 24hr trip to Batemans bay, but after fairly quick trip and with a large SE swell pounding the coast decided to keep going to Eden as the outside anchorage could be rough. So after 33 hours we arrived in Eden at dusk, picked up a private mooring for the night. Luckly no one pounded on the hull in the middle of the night as we were pretty tried.
A gale warning was forescasted for this area for Wednesday so we have moved to East Boyd Bay which is on the southern side with another 8 yachts.
Tuesday was a beautiful and hot day, spent the day in the crystal clear water and on the beautiful beach. Well, the gale came copped up to 37knts, Thursday was spent tucked inside listening to the wind in the rigging hoping not to drag. East Boyd day is where the Navy wharf is where ammunition is transfered to and from the warships. Anchoring here is only allowed when navy ships are not in. However woke up this morning in the gale conditions and a Navy ship is in. Oop's all well they must of felt for us all, as no one ask or told us to leave. Helps not having the radio on.
The next 3 days there are SE blow ,NE blow then SE blow again So we will be moving from the southern anchorage to northern then back with 4 nm in between. Welcome to the Eden Bass Strait area
We are looking on leave for the Bass Strait crossing on Sunday morning as all the conditions look ok, with a window of a few days of Northeries, well that's plan A

Comments