S|V Firefly...exploring the 'verse.. Know what the first rule of sailing is? Love.

You can know all the math in the 'verse but take a boat to sea that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her afloat when she oughtta not...tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

26 May 2015 | Culebra, Puerto Rico
19 March 2015
31 August 2014 | Titusville,Fl.
18 May 2014 | Marina Puerto Del Rey, Fajardo, P.R.
01 February 2014 | Cap Cana, DR
08 January 2014 | La Romana
26 December 2013 | Cap Cana Marina, D.R.
25 December 2013 | Cap Cana Marina
16 December 2013
10 December 2013 | Puerto Plata to Cap Cana
10 December 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
10 December 2013 | Ocean World
17 September 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
23 July 2013 | Cabarete, D.R.
23 July 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
14 May 2013
21 April 2013
17 April 2013
14 April 2013

Last update from Provo

21 April 2013
Diana

Last update here in Provo: April 21st
Stew is getting the AIS and GPS hooked into our new auto pilot. If all this works it will be great!
Getting ready to head out at 7am Tuesday with the high tide and good weather window predicted for the whole area.
We plan to cross the banks and anchor next to a little spit of land called Fish Cays. This will give us an easy exit off the bank in the morning to cross the 7000' deep Turk Passage. It is known to have a little current, but with the light NE wind and hopeful good seas we will try to get across to Big Sand Cay (about 23 miles) in 5 or 6 hours. If all is well we will not stop but just keep on going for an overnighter into Ocean World.
Full moon, good weather, and just don't think about all the “what ifs?” I so hope we get a good night with no problems. I know that is a lot to ask, but whatever happens we will just do our best to get through it. It will be so good to see the sun coming up Thursday morning I am sure:)

I hope to be posting pictures of kids playing baseball and Presidente Beers on my next entry!


Comments
Vessel Name: Firefly
Vessel Make/Model: 1976 Pearson 365 Hull#25
Hailing Port: Port Canaveral, Florida
Crew: Stew & Diana Becker
About:
Diana and I are both military veterans. Diana Air Force, and I'm retired Marine Corps. We've been travelers all of our adult lives, and can never seem to stray far from the water for long. [...]

Sailing the 'verse

Who: Stew & Diana Becker
Port: Port Canaveral, Florida