Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
13 May 2011 | Calgary, Canada
29 March 2011 | Cusco, Peru
16 March 2011 | La Paz, Bolivia
14 March 2011 | Puno, Peru
10 March 2011 | Ariquipa, Peru
07 March 2011 | Nazca Peru
01 March 2011 | Lima Peru
23 February 2011 | Panamarina, Panama
19 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
16 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
13 February 2011 | Rio Sidra & Canbombia, San Blas, Panama
11 February 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
08 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
04 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
02 February 2011 | Hot tub, Holandes Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
28 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama

Brrrrrrrr....

14 March 2010 | Calgary
Ralph
Its great to come home and see the kids, but I sure don't like the cold. And it's not really cold, but I guess it's what you get used to. When the cold fronts would come through the Bahamas the temp would drop down in the 60's over night and the wind would have a chill to it. And we would find that cold!

With Karen staying on the boat, we had to give her a crash course on using the dingy so she can get arround. We had talked about her learning more about driving the dingy, but we just never got around to it. So on Thursday, we had lots of running around to do before I left and Karen did all of the driving. We even had to cross the harbor to go into GT and it was a long bumpy ride, but Karen did fantastic and I think she wast starting to feel comfortable.

We did alot of sailing going back and forth to the Jumentos. And most of the time it was sailing in the company of other boats. We never had much confidence in our sailing skills, so it by sailing with other boats, we got to compare our abilities. On our first leg down, we there was a 40' lepeord cat going the same way. We were going dead down wind, and when they pu their spinnaker up we thought they zoom by us - but not the case. We used the whisker pole and travelled wing on wing and pulled away from them. Then the next day we sailed with Cat Tails (37 Privilge) and we kept pace with them until we got the wind righ on the beam and started to draw away from them. Then coming back, we were traveling with Kokopelli and Cat Tales and again we pulled away from both of them - until they turned on their engines! So we are starting to feel better about our sailing skills.

March is birthday month in our family. It was my lovely wife's birthday on thursday, so we went out for dinner at the St Francis and had an excellent meal. It was also my dad's birthday yesterday , my older sisters in a few day's and then my younger sister's birthday in a few more days.

So happy birthday to everyone.
Comments
Vessel Name: Five Islands
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37' TPI
Hailing Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Crew: Ralph & Karen
About: Married 26 years and looking for new adventures to share. Wanting to learn more about the world and about ourselves.
Extra: Five Islands is named after a small island located in the Winnipeg River where many memories were made. We view our boat as the opportunity see amazing places that will create quality memories like the ones made at Five Islands.

Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada