Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
13 May 2011 | Calgary, Canada
29 March 2011 | Cusco, Peru
16 March 2011 | La Paz, Bolivia
14 March 2011 | Puno, Peru
10 March 2011 | Ariquipa, Peru
07 March 2011 | Nazca Peru
01 March 2011 | Lima Peru
23 February 2011 | Panamarina, Panama
19 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
16 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
13 February 2011 | Rio Sidra & Canbombia, San Blas, Panama
11 February 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
08 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
04 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
02 February 2011 | Hot tub, Holandes Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
28 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama

Finally a beautiful day.

07 January 2011 | Salardup island, San Blas, Panama
Ralph
We spent 3 nights at the West Lemmon Cays and enjoyed having internet. You have to take your computer into the islands and plug into there system and there are only 3 connections. It seems like there is always people waiting, so you feel hurried, but it still was nice to deal with the backlog of emails and take care of banking stuff. We also spent a couple of evening sharing meals and a lot of laughs with Desdemona. Went snorkeling once with Jeff, but the water was still pretty murky, but we did find one reef that was awesome. The coral was in great shape and I found a couple of lobsters, but they were just too small to shoot.

The veggie boat came into the anchorage just before we left and it was loaded. He had some awesome produce and we bought celery, tomatoes, avacados, oranges, grapefruit, cucumbers, lettuce, potatoes, chicken and most importantly beer and wine. Now we just have to find some rum....

We moved yesterday to a new place and it is beautiful here. Better Days is here and Steve bought a bunch of crabs from the Kuna's so last night Karen and I had a crab feast. It is my favorite food. Karen and I also went snorkeling and saw a green eel that had his mouth open wide with a shrimp crawling around on its nose. We figured it was waiting for it to crawl into its mouth.... We also saw a 6ft nurse shark sleeping on the reef with his head in a hole. And found a hole that had 3 lobsters in it, but again they were too small.

We are planning on going snorkeling with Better Days today and then have a BBQ on the beach this evening.
Comments
Vessel Name: Five Islands
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37' TPI
Hailing Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Crew: Ralph & Karen
About: Married 26 years and looking for new adventures to share. Wanting to learn more about the world and about ourselves.
Extra: Five Islands is named after a small island located in the Winnipeg River where many memories were made. We view our boat as the opportunity see amazing places that will create quality memories like the ones made at Five Islands.

Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada