Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
13 May 2011 | Calgary, Canada
29 March 2011 | Cusco, Peru
16 March 2011 | La Paz, Bolivia
14 March 2011 | Puno, Peru
10 March 2011 | Ariquipa, Peru
07 March 2011 | Nazca Peru
01 March 2011 | Lima Peru
23 February 2011 | Panamarina, Panama
19 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
16 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
13 February 2011 | Rio Sidra & Canbombia, San Blas, Panama
11 February 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
08 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
04 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
02 February 2011 | Hot tub, Holandes Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
28 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama

One step forward, two steps back

22 October 2008 | Brunswick Landing Marina
Ralph
The people are very friendly at the marina we are staying at. We met a couple from Manitoba other day that live in Ninette during the summers and spend the winters down on their boat. We also had some new neighbors arrive on Sunday. The picture posted with this blog has our boat in the foreground with Dave's boat behind us. His boat is a 150 foot motor yacht and we got a tour of it yesterday. OMG! Everything about it is HUGE. It is powered by 3 - 1200hp engines and carries 15,000 gallons of diesel fuel.

Things have been going pretty good on the cleaning front. We have the Port hull all cleaned out and looking spiffy. We have also gone through and cleaned the salon and galley, washed all the dishes etc. There was some "Orange Glow" wood polish on the boat that really brings all the wood work to life after applying it along with a lot of elbow grease. Yesterday morning we started on the aft cabin that is in terrible condition. The previous owner used to run a generator in that room and it stinks real bad and there are grease stains everywhere. We decided that we would rip out all of the stained wood pieces and cut new ones, but as I took out the wood, we discovered that some of the pieces were soaked with diesel fuel - not good. We keep taking off more pieces until we exposed the fuel tank and could see that was the source of the problem. So it looks like our tank is leaking and will have to come out to see if it can be repaired. I have a guy coming over on Thursday to help me take it out and hopefully we can get is resolved.
It is fantastic having internet access on the boat as we check email all the time, use skype to call home and we listen to CJAY 92 in the morning so we can keep up with what's going on at home. I have a diesel mechanic coming over this afternoon to trouble shoot the problems with the port engine, and hopefully that is something that can get resolved fairly quickly.
Comments
Vessel Name: Five Islands
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37' TPI
Hailing Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Crew: Ralph & Karen
About: Married 26 years and looking for new adventures to share. Wanting to learn more about the world and about ourselves.
Extra: Five Islands is named after a small island located in the Winnipeg River where many memories were made. We view our boat as the opportunity see amazing places that will create quality memories like the ones made at Five Islands.

Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada