Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
13 May 2011 | Calgary, Canada
29 March 2011 | Cusco, Peru
16 March 2011 | La Paz, Bolivia
14 March 2011 | Puno, Peru
10 March 2011 | Ariquipa, Peru
07 March 2011 | Nazca Peru
01 March 2011 | Lima Peru
23 February 2011 | Panamarina, Panama
19 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
16 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
13 February 2011 | Rio Sidra & Canbombia, San Blas, Panama
11 February 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
08 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
04 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
02 February 2011 | Hot tub, Holandes Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
28 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama

Happy Halloween

31 October 2008 | Brunswick Landing Marina
Ralph
Yesterday, our major goal was to check out our dingy and dingy motor. A dingy is what we use to go to shore when we are anchored. It's kind of like our car, so it is an important piece of equipment to us once we start traveling. The dingy has a hard bottom with inflatable tubes around it. It hangs off of davits on the back of our boat and is easily lowered into the water when we want to use it. Since we first looked at the boat, it has been partially deflated. And the motor looks very beat up and had not been started for a long time, so we were not sure what we had. Well, we lowered it in the water and pulled it up the dock to blow some air into it. I got a bottle of soapy water and sprayed it around all of the seams, and to our surprise, there is was no bubbles! Next we got the motor down and put it on the back of the dingy and got out the fuel tank. On closer inspection of the fuel tank, it needed replacement, so after quick trip to West Marine, we had a new tank and hose. We filled up the tank and plugged it in. To our amazement, the engine roared to life after just 4 pulls on the cord. HORRAY!! Today we will shine it up and our neighbor offered to help me fiberglass the cowling so water does not get in the engine.

Today's job is getting the fuel tank put back in. And once that is done we get the aft cabin put together and start working on getting the starboard hull cleaned up. Karen is scraping the old name off the boat and we ordered the new name this morning.

Thanks to everybody who have left comments on our blog. We appreciate knowing people are actually reading it and it helps motivate me to keep updating it.
Comments
Vessel Name: Five Islands
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37' TPI
Hailing Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Crew: Ralph & Karen
About: Married 26 years and looking for new adventures to share. Wanting to learn more about the world and about ourselves.
Extra: Five Islands is named after a small island located in the Winnipeg River where many memories were made. We view our boat as the opportunity see amazing places that will create quality memories like the ones made at Five Islands.

Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada