Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
13 May 2011 | Calgary, Canada
29 March 2011 | Cusco, Peru
16 March 2011 | La Paz, Bolivia
14 March 2011 | Puno, Peru
10 March 2011 | Ariquipa, Peru
07 March 2011 | Nazca Peru
01 March 2011 | Lima Peru
23 February 2011 | Panamarina, Panama
19 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
16 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
13 February 2011 | Rio Sidra & Canbombia, San Blas, Panama
11 February 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
08 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
04 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
02 February 2011 | Hot tub, Holandes Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
28 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama

New projects

07 November 2008 | Brunswick Landing Marina
Ralph
Our trip to St Augustine was a success. We took some items from the boat that we were not going to use and they were taking up a huge amount of space and went to Sailors Exchange to see what we could get for it. They offered us $400 cash or $500 store credit. We went for the store credit and we picked up $175 worth of assorted stuff and will make another trip back once we get our other projects underway and have a better idea of what we need. We rented a cargo van to load everything in and we also dropped off the car we had rented at the Jacksonville Airport. We will rent another car here in Brunswick until we have our project completed.
Today we are hoping to get our sails put up and the finish off the aft cabin. It is a beautiful morning here and the weather forecast looks good for the next couple of days. Our bilges are disgusting and we also need to get cleaning them up. I need to also get a handle on the bilge pumps and make sure they are in top operating order and the automatic floats are working. To proceed on installing the solar panels and the radar dome, I need to figure out how we are going to mount them. We have a large Bimini where we could mount the solar panels, but our boom for the main sail is fairly close to the Bimini and I am afraid of having the boom smash into them sometime. The other option is to have a bracket made that attaches to the back of the boat over top of the dingy davits and I would also get a pole incorporated where I would mount the radar dome. I think I will go see the welder who made our fuel tank and see what he can do for us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Five Islands
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37' TPI
Hailing Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Crew: Ralph & Karen
About: Married 26 years and looking for new adventures to share. Wanting to learn more about the world and about ourselves.
Extra: Five Islands is named after a small island located in the Winnipeg River where many memories were made. We view our boat as the opportunity see amazing places that will create quality memories like the ones made at Five Islands.

Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada