Flying Carpet Adventures

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 January 2014 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
05 January 2014
22 December 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
07 December 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
03 November 2013 | Mazatlan
27 October 2013 | Mazatlan
12 September 2013 | Mazatlan
12 September 2013 | Marina Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Marina Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Baja
10 September 2013
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan

Week 1 in Mexico

27 October 2013 | Mazatlan
Donna/Mucho calor (86˚)
We arrived in Mexico late last Sunday afternoon. It was a long trip, but it went very smoothly. Caught our connecting flight and managed customs effortlessly. It has been very hot and humid here, although people are telling us it’s been cooling off the last few days. It was 90 here yesterday and the sun is brutal. It’s even too hot to go to the beach in the daytime. In the evening it has been cooling off to about 79. We are still acclimating to the heat.

We decided to stay in the bungalows for a few days while we get the boat in order and do a few minor repairs. And I’m definitely enjoying the air conditioning here.

The first few nights we stayed onboard and I was eaten alive by no-see-ums. Only after a few days did Rich notice that someone had taken the cover off of the dingy and it was full of standing water breeding the insects. So Rich drained the dingy and we bombed the boat, hoping that will take care of the problem. Rich talked to the service that was supposed to look after the boat while we were gone and they cleaned up the rest.

We met up with our friends Bob and Nancy from Astoria and went to dinner at Loco's on the beach. Needless to say, it was absolutely gorgeous and the grilled shrimp was delicious.

We just got back from church...great sermon. We packing up and checking out of the bungalow to return to the boat today.

Not much more to report. We’ve been working in the cool of the mornings and evenings, trying to beat the heat, and just getting accustomed to the environment.

Love to all.
Comments
Vessel Name: Flying Carpet
Vessel Make/Model: Polaris 43
Hailing Port: Astoria Oregon USA
Crew: Cap'n Rich
About: First mate my love for coming up on fifty years.