Flying Carpet Adventures

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 January 2014 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
05 January 2014
22 December 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
07 December 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
03 November 2013 | Mazatlan
27 October 2013 | Mazatlan
12 September 2013 | Mazatlan
12 September 2013 | Marina Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Marina Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Baja
10 September 2013
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan
10 September 2013 | Mazatlan

Sailors' Splash

22 December 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
Donna
What a fun week we just had. All week long we enjoyed a variety musical talent during the International Music Festival in La Cruz. We heard jazz, rock, tango, Africana, Brazilian and many more. All together 9 different artists or bands played. On Sunday the week-long festival culminated in an all day concert with all the bands in the town square. What talent and what a fun time.

And if that wasn’t enough excitement, we also participated in the Banderas Bay Sailor’s Splash. We were invited on Profligate, the massive catamaran owed by the editor of Latitude 38 magazine, for a leisurely cruise down to Nuevo Vallarta and back. That evening after our return, Latitude 38 held a huge party for all the sailors of Banderas Bay. Wonderful food and drinks and plenty of great music under the stars. In addition, everyone received free t-shirts and ball caps. All-in-all it was a wonderful evening of meeting old and new friends.

The other day Rich and I took the bus to Puerto Vallarta to finish our Christmas shopping for us and for the children’s Christmas party I will be helping with. The owner of the restaurant who organizes the event said that every year more than 650 local kids attend and receive maybe the only gift they may get. When I asked if they would be able to supply that many gifts he replied that the cruiser were very generous in their support with both gifts and money and he’s never run short.

In my next update I’ll have to give a commentary on transportation in Mexico. Some of the happenings are hilarious.

Until then, Feliz Navidad. And remember the true meaning of Christmas---Christ our Saviour was born!


Comments
Vessel Name: Flying Carpet
Vessel Make/Model: Polaris 43
Hailing Port: Astoria Oregon USA
Crew: Cap'n Rich
About: First mate my love for coming up on fifty years.