The Adventure Begins

22 May 2011 | Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
20 May 2011 | Chacala Bay, Mexico
19 May 2011 | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
14 May 2011 | Ipala Bay, Mexico
13 May 2011 | Chamela Bay, Mexico
12 May 2011 | Tenacatita Bay, Mexico
11 May 2011 | Manzanillo, Mexico
06 May 2011 | Caleta de Campos, Mexico
05 May 2011 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
25 April 2011 | Mexico
20 April 2011 | Mexico
16 April 2011 | Guatemala
13 April 2011 | Nicaragua
09 April 2011 | Nicaragua
02 April 2011 | Costa Rica
01 April 2011 | Costa Rica
30 March 2011 | Costa Rica
29 March 2011 | Costa Rica
28 March 2011 | Costa Rica
23 March 2011 | Costa Rica

Nassau

30 January 2010 | New Providence Island, Bahamas
Brian
Nassau is a busy place... we have seen at least five Cruise ships docked at a time. That means a lot of people visiting and a lot of people selling them things. We are anchored further down the harbor so we are out of the busiest section of town. When we get to a large harbor like this we always have a lot of tasks to take care of. We need to take care of laundry, buy food, get water, get fuel, and have some fun. One of the fun and interesting things to do while cruising is to get to a new place is to discover where everything is and how best to get things accomplished. We try to get at least a couple of tasks done per day in between meeting new people and touring the area. We are anchored off a restaurant called Green Parrot, which has a dinghy dock and free internet (also good food). The anchorage has a lot of current (4-6 knots at times) and switches 180 degrees four times a day. This makes it difficult in a crowded anchorage with everyone moving around like crazy. I put out another bow anchor offset by 180 degrees from my main anchor, which has help keep us pretty much in the same place.
We heard about a local eating place called the "Fish Fry" and found out we needed to take bus 10 and tell the driver "Fish Fry" he would know where to drop us. After asking around and exploring we found bus 10 and after a fifteen-minute ride we ended up in front of some small cabins built over the water with fishing vessels moored out the backside. We got cracked conch and red snapper, and a couple of the local beers, Kalik for under $30 for the entire bill. Not only was the food plentiful, it was great! The locals know where to eat good and cheap..... now we do too.
The laundry and food shopping are a dinghy ride away, which makes things easier when doing chores. We checked out the local marine store because we needed a better cruising guide for the Exumas, which will be our next group of islands we are going to visit. We found a great one, which will help when we get to even shallower water depths. We got fuel and water today. The plan is use some of the North winds that should be showing up tomorrow to head for Allen Cay. A large storm is forecasted for the weekend but we hope to be anchored somewhere safe for the blow. We are expecting 30 knot winds with squalls of 40 knots.... we are not excited about the upcoming weekend, but you have to take the bad with the good....

Comments
Vessel Name: Four Points
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Landfall 43
Hailing Port: San Diego
Crew: Brian & Nancy McCluskey
About:
Nancy & I have been planning to go sailing for years. We are not ready to retire but decided to take this trip before we get to old. Sailing takes a lot of energy and commitment so we didn�t want to wait until we can�t physically handle the trip. [...]

Who: Brian & Nancy McCluskey
Port: San Diego