The Adventure Begins

22 May 2011 | Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
20 May 2011 | Chacala Bay, Mexico
19 May 2011 | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
14 May 2011 | Ipala Bay, Mexico
13 May 2011 | Chamela Bay, Mexico
12 May 2011 | Tenacatita Bay, Mexico
11 May 2011 | Manzanillo, Mexico
06 May 2011 | Caleta de Campos, Mexico
05 May 2011 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
25 April 2011 | Mexico
20 April 2011 | Mexico
16 April 2011 | Guatemala
13 April 2011 | Nicaragua
09 April 2011 | Nicaragua
02 April 2011 | Costa Rica
01 April 2011 | Costa Rica
30 March 2011 | Costa Rica
29 March 2011 | Costa Rica
28 March 2011 | Costa Rica
23 March 2011 | Costa Rica

Finally a Calm Anchorage

04 March 2009 | Bahia Herradura, Costa Rica
Brian
We arrived in Bahia Herradura after a short 6 mile sail down the coast from Bahia Leona. As we sailed into this beautiful bay we could see that we would be protected from all wind & wave directions. We anchored tucked in slightly behind the entrance to the Los Suenos Marina. The Marina is mostly for larger sport fishing vessels and a fishing tournament was underway. Besides the cost was high for a slip ($3.30/ft per night), which would cost us about $150 per night. No thanks, we will anchor for free.
Because our visitors (Susan, Kevin, Leah, and Drew) were arriving in Quepos (Manual Antonio) on March 10th we needed to find a nice spot to relax for a couple of days. Well, this was the spot. We called the Marina fuel dock on the VHF and arranged to get fuel (not really needed but we needed fresh water for our tanks) and water. At one o'clock we pulled anchor and went into the marina. The people at the dock and the small store were friendly and helpful. We were able to fill our tanks (showers) and do a quick rinse of the boat. This is the first time Four Points got a fresh water rinse in a month. After re-anchoring we had a relaxing afternoon and a very restful calm night.
During the next four days we went to shore a couple of times and took a taxi to the nearest super market to stock up on food and drinks. We had a fun and relaxing time just hanging out. We did get some boat projects completed or at least started. Nancy worked on the mosquito nets for the companionways and I scrubbed the bottom of the boat. The marine growth is amazing down here and covers the bottom of the boat quickly. It is hard work to scrap the barnacles and scrub the growth. Once I'm done I'm covered with worms & crabs. It takes an extended swim and scrubbing myself to get clean. Also, a fresh water shower, soap, and a check for critters in my ears. We will be leaving soon for Quepos to our first meeting with family & friends on our trip.
Comments
Vessel Name: Four Points
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Landfall 43
Hailing Port: San Diego
Crew: Brian & Nancy McCluskey
About:
Nancy & I have been planning to go sailing for years. We are not ready to retire but decided to take this trip before we get to old. Sailing takes a lot of energy and commitment so we didn�t want to wait until we can�t physically handle the trip. [...]

Who: Brian & Nancy McCluskey
Port: San Diego