S/V CIVIL TWILIGHT-Alan and Gerri

FROM MAINE TO THE BAHAMAS-AGAIN! 2012-2013

19 January 2013 | Hopetown, Elbow Cay
08 January 2013 | moving about the Abacos
30 December 2012 | Manjack Cay
26 December 2012 | Green Turtle Cay
18 December 2012 | Guana back to Treasure
14 December 2012 | Treasure Cay
12 December 2012
07 December 2012 | Peck Lake, Hobe Sound
04 December 2012 | Fort Pierce, FL
30 November 2012 | Harbortown Marina, Fort Pierce, FL
24 November 2012 | Palm Shores, FL mm910
19 November 2012 | Just north of Daytony
17 November 2012 | St. Augustine, FL
13 November 2012 | Cumberland Island
11 November 2012 | Cumberland Island, GA
08 November 2012 | Charleston, SC mm470
06 November 2012 | Butler Island, Wacamaw River mm395
05 November 2012 | Calabash Creek, NC no SC
04 November 2012 | Carolina Beach Basin, NC
03 November 2012 | Mile Hammock Bay, Camp LeJeune, NC

Where is Everyone?

14 December 2012 | Treasure Cay
Since our freezer seems to be running fine, we decided to leave Marsh Harbour the following morning, Wednesday. We had a beautiful sail up the Sea of Abaco. We decided to stop just outside Treasure at one of the reefs we like to snorkel. Since we need some tide to get into Treasure, we needed to waste a little time as high tide wasn't until 5pm. The wind was supposed to drop off by noon, but when we anchored at 2pm, it was still too rough to get the engine on the dinghy. It was bouncing around so much, I couldn't even stand in it, which I need to do to get the engine on.

We got into the anchorage about 4:30, and there were only 4 other boats there. THe docks at the marina were completely empty...it looked like a ghost town. Apparently, the cruisers have not yet arrived. We knew that the window we crossed on was the first in several weeks, but it seems there are still quite a few waiting to get over.

On Thursday morning, we headed out to the reef. It took us a while to dig out all our equipment and find everything, but finally we were ready. Alan was in the water in minutes, but I usually wait a bit before I jump in. When I was finally ready to get in, I notice that one of my fins has a strap missing. Oh well, I won't use them. The clip on my mask that holds the snorkel on is missing. I gave up and decided to wait til the next time we go out. Alan was amazed at the number of lobsters on the reef. He said they were everywhere...many small, but it is nice to know that the population is being sustained. He didn't get his daily quota, but we did take home 5 lobsters. Lobster pizza for supper, and lobster salad for lunch today. Very yummy.
From treasure
Today the wind has picked up, making the reef very rough, so we spent the morning at the beach combing for seabeans. Found 2 seahearts...pretty good. After lunch we went in and hung around the pool for a couple hours.
From treasure
Comments
Vessel Name: Civil Twilight
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 470CC-135 Built 2004 in Xiamen, China
Hailing Port: Hailing port is Portsmouth, NH, BUT our summer slip is in Georgetown, Maine
Crew: Alan and Gerri
About: Capt. Alan Burke and Gerri Dubey have a home in Maine when they're not on the boat. Salty the Ship's Cat, is a 14 yrs old Himalayan. Eddie the Autopilot is a tireless crew member.
Extra: In October 2012 we will be heading south once again.
Social:

CREW OF CIVIL TWILIGHT

Who: Alan and Gerri
Port: Hailing port is Portsmouth, NH, BUT our summer slip is in Georgetown, Maine