Back on the Water

01 August 2019 | Viani Bay and Taviuni Island
12 June 2019 | Marsden Cove
04 June 2019

We left the starting gate

12 June 2019 | Marsden Cove
Craig Wiese
It’s official; we have untied from the dock and are spending the night at anchor before meeting with a New Zealand Customs agent tomorrow to clear out of the country and start our journey Fiji. We plan on stopping in Minerva Reef along the way to break the trip up.

If you want to track our location, here is a link: https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/GatoGo

As many of you know, it has been many years since we have been out in the open water sailing. As you can imagine, technology has advanced. Therefore, we are slowly getting back up to speed. We now have an Iridium Go satellite system which we use with a standard cell phone. This is how we will hopefully be able to keep you updated with our progress while we are underway.

Thanks to friends we met in while sailing in Mexico in 2009 who caught us just after we left the dock in Whangarei. Like us, Evergreen sailed to New Zealand and stayed to work for a bit.
Comments
Vessel Name: GatoGo
Vessel Make/Model: Kennex 445
Hailing Port: San Diego, CA
Crew: Craig and Bruce
Extra: We left California in 2009 and spent 2 1/2 years cruising Mexico before crossing the Pacific in 2012. We have been living in New Zealand since 2013 and are excited to get back on the water and start cruising again.