Thompsons in SE asia

Vessel Name: gaylor 2
Vessel Make/Model: Roberts Mauritius 45
Hailing Port: Sandy Bay
Crew: Jeff Lyuda Jeffrey Jnr and katherine
02 July 2011 | Johor Bahru Malaysia
Recent Blog Posts
02 July 2011 | Johor Bahru Malaysia

Danga Bay

We have been in Danga Bay now since February so I could finish off my last few subjects of my studies.

Danga Bay

02 July 2011 | Johor Bahru Malaysia
We have been in Danga Bay now since February so I could finish off my last few subjects of my studies.
Jeffrey JNR has been going to NURI which has been a great experience for him. He learns Chinese and Malay which he would not normally have the opportunity of learning back in Australia.
We had quite a lot of repairs carried out on the boat including replacing all the stays and fittings. We also had some bits and pieces added like lazy jacks, enclosure on the cabin, sun covers etc.
Danga Bay would not be a top destination if it was not for the fact that it is a freeloaders paradise. The Marina is actually free which includes 24 hours security, freshwater, free internet and local entertainment on weekends. it is situated within a few minutes walk of a playground and amusement park and plenty of local eating places.
Incredibly there is also three restaurants alongside the marina and on a number of occasions they have thrown on free meals including drinks to encourage the locals to use the restaurants.

We had our favourite Indian restaurants, Agneys and Ahma's. In Ahma/s the food was always of a high standard and they changed the menu daily. We were always looked after by the same waiter Achik and some of the others often tried to get the attention of Katherine.


Comments

About & Links