Pootles on La Gioconda

Buzet, booze et Med style mooring.

26 June 2013 | Buzet
Dave
Here we are moored 'bow to', cannot do it proper Med style, 'stern to' because of our rudders.......must stop stepping off the side of the boat though!!
Buzet is a lovely little French town/village, very proud of its local wine, "Les vignerones de Buzet". Cafes, restaurants and good shops. It boasts more tourism than our last couple of halts because there is a large modern hire boat marina with people constantly coming and going. Interesting local life as well..witness the assembly of the "Motards de Buzet" on Sunday complete with music in the bandstand.

We find ourselves in a little quayside with a bar and very friendly owners. All English, like most of the riverside businesses and with quite a considerable expat' permanent live aboard community. So for a while not much French being spoken at the moment.
We are here until Saturday a great evening being promised with "Blues an' food".......... so we will not mention the engines!!

Follow us on our Facebook group and gallery.

See and follow our route in Google Maps
Comments
Vessel Name: La Gioconda
Vessel Make/Model: Heavenly Twins 8m catamaran
Hailing Port: Darthaven Marina, Dartmouth, Devon
Crew: Dave and Jill Conroy
About: Action man and Adventure woman. In other words retired couple with nothing better to do. We enjoy walking, visiting historic towns and sites, bird watching and in between a bit of sailing.
Extra: This blog is to allow friends and relatives to follow our journeys over the next couple of years.

Who: Dave and Jill Conroy
Port: Darthaven Marina, Dartmouth, Devon