Golightly

13 June 2022 | Ste. Anne. Martinique.
10 August 2021 | Le marin
03 August 2021 | Le Marin. Martinique.
21 July 2021
15 July 2021
29 November 2019 | Carriacou
14 October 2019 | Carriacou
31 March 2019 | Martinique
15 November 2018 | Carriacou
09 June 2018 | Marigot, St. Lucia.
01 March 2018 | Martinique.
04 December 2017
21 September 2017 | Tyrell Bay. Mangroves.
18 June 2017 | Bequia
06 January 2017 | Le Marin.
19 November 2016
26 October 2016
22 June 2016
25 February 2016

Bequia

05 July 2014
It was a bit of a hectic sail across to St. Lucia with squalls and strong currents to deal with. Nothing broke, which is always a good thing.
We spent a few days anchored in Rodney Bay. It was quite pleasant, as usual. Not many jet skis this time. I topped up with water and diesel and we set sail for Bequia, St. Vincent. We left at 0400 as the opposing currents are quite strong and it was a 75 mile sail. Between St. Lucia and St. Vincent, we were hit by numerous squalls but I was ready for them and reefed the jib in time. I was sailing with 1 reef in the main and flying the staysail and jib. It turned out to be a great sail as it was a beam reach most of the way. I even caught a barracuda, coming into Bequia.
I've now been in Bequia for a little over 2 weeks and done quite a bit of work on the boat. I've cleaned, sanded and varnished the teak eye brows and cockpit combing. This now has 10 coats on it. I've lightly oiled the teak below, had side canvasses made, to stop the rain coming into the cockpit, hatch covers, bbq cover, winch covers and and few other things sorted out. Yesterday, I replaced the propane regulator, as it was going, and cleaned the Hawaiian skirt off the water line.
A very productive time, I'd say.
Sherman and Judy, on Fair Winds, left on Saturday, for Saltwhistle Bay, Mayreau and I'll catch up with them in Grenada. We had some great evenings aboard, with great dinners, drinks and snacks and many laughs. It was sad to see them go. Terry, on Libertad, also stopped in for a few laughs for a couple of days.
Friends aboard a trawler, Partners, arrived in the bay and its been great to catch up. The De Pinnas, on Katz arrive today and we should be heading off towards the Tobago Cays early next week
Comments
Vessel Name: Golightly
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 350
Hailing Port: London

Les on Golightly.

Port: London