Change in Latitude, Change in Attitude

30 January 2008 | Moraga, Ca.
23 January 2008 | San Diego, Ca.
20 January 2008 | Pacific Beach, San Diego
18 January 2008 | San Diego, California
17 January 2008 | 7 Miles South of the San Diego/Tijuana Border
15 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
15 January 2008 | 100 MIles South of Ensenada
13 January 2008 | Isla Benitos
09 January 2008 | Bahia Santa Maria
08 January 2008 | 100 Miles South of Magdalena Bay
07 January 2008 | Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
06 January 2008 | Rounding Cabo Pulmo
05 January 2008 | La Paz, Mexico
25 December 2007 | Moraga, Ca.
15 December 2007 | Ensenada de Los Muertos, Mexico
10 December 2007 | Los Frailes, Mexico
05 December 2007 | Smack Dab' In The Middle
02 December 2007 | Mazatlan, Mexico
30 November 2007 | 128 Miles South of Mazatlan, 28 Miles Offshore
27 November 2007 | 15 miles Northwest of Manzanillo, Mexico

Happy Birthday Number Two Shelby!!

02 December 2007 | Mazatlan, Mexico
Andrew
Dear Shelby,

Today is a very special day, do you know why? It is a very special day because today is your second birthday! My goodness, you are so grown up and such a big girl now. In fact, I believe your mom told me that you are sleeping in big girl bed too? Wow! That is just fantastic and I am so proud of you. Just remember, your mom has to sleep at night too, so do your best to sleep all night without waking her up! So what are you going to do for your birthday? Hopefully you will eat lots of yummy cake, run crazy and wild through the house, and do whatever you like! I wish I was there to cause some trouble with you.

Yesterday afternoon we arrived in Mazatlan and had good winds the entire night. We made pretty good time and pushed upwards of 8 knots throughout the entire night. Last night Chris and I headed into the historic part of town, walked around, and grabbed a fantastic meal on a street-side stand. Although I have not seen much of Mazatlan, the small portion that we explored last night far surpassed my expectations. Buildings are restored, streets are clean, and people are very friendly. Within the historic center of town there is a small theater, which featured some sort of performance last night. Locals in their fancy clothes walked the town afterward, sat in small cafes, and provided a bit of European feel to the town. I could see myself spending a lot of time here.

Today is a bit of work day as we have to take care of few items on the boat, do some grocery shopping, and prepare for our southern Sea of Cortez crossing. We monitor weather closely every day, and it appears Tuesday is our departure day for the crossing. It should be a fairly intense passage with significant winds and seas to start, although the wind is scheduled to slowly dissipate through Tuesday afternoon. Much to my excitement my Dad comes down for a visit on Wednesday, so we plan to pull into port just as he arrives! Nothing like cutting it short.

Well Shelby, you have yourself a wonderful birthday and I wish you the happiest day ever! Dig into that Elmo cake and feel free to smear it all over your face as I think it tastes better that way. I can't wait to see you when I get home, and plan on giving you a big and snuggly hug!!

Happy Birthday Shelby,

Your Uncle Drew......aka....."Annnrrrrew...boat"
Comments
Vessel Name: Cisnecito
Vessel Make/Model: 46 ft Nautor Swan
Crew: Andrew Roberts
About:
After working in the insurance industry for 4 years, I jumped at the opportunity to join Cisnecito, a 46 foot Nautor Swan. She currently lays in Colon, Panama preparing for her last extended cruise back to Newport, Ca. [...]

Checked Out and Headed to Central America

Who: Andrew Roberts