Change in Latitude, Change in Attitude

30 January 2008 | Moraga, Ca.
23 January 2008 | San Diego, Ca.
20 January 2008 | Pacific Beach, San Diego
18 January 2008 | San Diego, California
17 January 2008 | 7 Miles South of the San Diego/Tijuana Border
15 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
15 January 2008 | 100 MIles South of Ensenada
13 January 2008 | Isla Benitos
09 January 2008 | Bahia Santa Maria
08 January 2008 | 100 Miles South of Magdalena Bay
07 January 2008 | Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
06 January 2008 | Rounding Cabo Pulmo
05 January 2008 | La Paz, Mexico
25 December 2007 | Moraga, Ca.
15 December 2007 | Ensenada de Los Muertos, Mexico
10 December 2007 | Los Frailes, Mexico
05 December 2007 | Smack Dab' In The Middle
02 December 2007 | Mazatlan, Mexico
30 November 2007 | 128 Miles South of Mazatlan, 28 Miles Offshore
27 November 2007 | 15 miles Northwest of Manzanillo, Mexico

Crossing the Sea of Cortez

05 December 2007 | Smack Dab' In The Middle
Andrew
After a major push to shove off in time, we are finally making our way across the the Sea of Cortez. Unfortunately we ran into major foul ups as we prepared to leave Mazatlan, but worked hard, and ultimately pulled it off with a little luck. My favorite challenge of this weekend was finding our laundry, which was lost by the lovely laundry lady. To make a long story short, she gave our laundry to wrong person. I showed up to pick it up around 2 pm and was told that "my captain" (aka Chris) just picked it up about 15 minutes prior. Okay, sweet. Now I don't have to lug it back to the boat, which lay about a mile away. As I walked home I thought it was a bit strange that Chris went ahead and picked up the laundry because he was busy picking up oil, filters, and our fishing license, which we planned on taking a long time. I made the horrible mistake of thinking we are ahead of schedule (yeah right!) and walked home with an upbeat attitude. Around 5 pm I met Chris at the dingy dock and noticed he had just one small bag containing our oil filters. "Uh, dude....where's our laundry?", I asked hesitantly. Of course responded with, "Well dude, didn't you pick it up?" Okay, not so sweet now. I ended up running back to the laundry place (in flip flops and almost attacked by a dog on the way) to find out that the laundry lady did in fact, give our laundry away to someone else. Of course she had no idea who or when or why. Okay, not even close to sweet now, borderline disaster. Just how in the heck am I supposed to track down missing laundry in Mazatlan? Last time I checked filing a "missing laundry" report isn't possible. The woman at the lavanderia obviously felt badly and drove me back to the marina in her purple 84 Plymouth Mini Van with broken seat belts. She told me to check with the marina office the next morning and wished me luck. Thanks a lot. As luck with have it, someone turned in our laundry to the office and we picked up our fresh smelling bags the very next morning. Who ever said doing laundry in Mexico was easy?

Our current bearing is 268 degrees, just two degrees shy of due west. The strong storm system moved out of town about 12 hours ago, so are making good time, riding in fairly comfortable seas at just under 7 knots. Our passage from Mazatlan to Cabo San Lucas area is approximately 175 miles. We should land in Cabo San Jose (just east of San Lucas) around dinner time today. It is currently 6 a.m. and a beautiful morning. The sun rises just off our stern, and I am enjoying my second tall cup of coffee. ZZZZING! We will troll the entire day in hopes to catch a fish to feed us the rest of the week. We'll meet my dad in Cabo San Jose tonight, and hopefully treat him to some of our fresh guacamole and ceviche. Tomorrow we plan to sail out to Los Frailes area, which is located about 25 miles east of San Jose. Apparently the fishing and diving is excellent, which I look forward to enjoying with my dad.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cisnecito
Vessel Make/Model: 46 ft Nautor Swan
Crew: Andrew Roberts
About:
After working in the insurance industry for 4 years, I jumped at the opportunity to join Cisnecito, a 46 foot Nautor Swan. She currently lays in Colon, Panama preparing for her last extended cruise back to Newport, Ca. [...]

Checked Out and Headed to Central America

Who: Andrew Roberts