Two brave boys
15 July 2013 | Indian Ocean
This blog I dedicate to the two bravest boys I know. I want to say thank you to them for making this 19-day ocean crossing the best ever and for sharing their joy for life with us, their parents, and their little sister. I am proud of them in terms of the way in which they handled the challenges which came with our crossing, and especially because they remained in high spirits throughout all times…
* They sat on the spinnaker sail out on the front deck in waves and wind when the spinnaker shackle broke and four hands were not enough;
* They pulled the sheets and sail out of the water when the spinnaker came down unplanned;
* They entertained their little sister when we needed to attend to the sails;
* They made Lelei cry with laughter every day;
* They played LEGO with each other for hours, and eventually days on end;
* They assisted with pulling sheets when required;
* They slept even though the waves were too big to be fun;
* They brought extra towels when everything and everyone were wet;
* They caught sushi for me; and MOST important
* They ate sushi with me!
Three HOORAYS to Johannes and Dirk!!!
And then a special tribute to Johannes, who shared his birthday gifts with Dirk as if it were theirs together.