Out There Somewhere

Vessel Name: CARSON G II
Vessel Make/Model: 49 ft. Morgan OI Ketch
Hailing Port: Tampa, Florida
Crew: Carson & Hope Green
About: Carson was born and raised on Grand Manan Island, N.B. Canada. Hope, a New Yorker, moved to Grand Manan as a new bride....long ago. Miss Gizmo, our Himalayan cat, joined us in Florida. We're both finally retired and we'll be sailing out there.... somewhere.
15 September 2013 | Boot key Harbor, Marathon, Fl.
30 July 2013
01 July 2013
24 June 2013
17 June 2013
13 June 2013 | Florida Bay
11 June 2013
10 June 2013 | Marco Island
10 June 2013
09 June 2013
07 June 2013
05 June 2013
03 June 2013
01 June 2013
31 May 2013
30 May 2013
31 December 1969
31 December 1969
31 December 1969
Recent Blog Posts
15 September 2013 | Boot key Harbor, Marathon, Fl.

Final Blog

I am sorry inform you all that this will be the last blog of the Carson G II. We're unable to continue cruising due to Hope's continued health issues. So our advice to all of you is to go cruising as soon as you can and for as long as you can!!! We did get out in 2010 so we do have those memories [...]

30 July 2013

July's update

July 30, 2013

01 July 2013

Happy Canada Day!!!

July 1st, 2013 (Monday)

24 June 2013

New Blog Site????

June 24, 2013 (Monday)

17 June 2013

June 17, 2013 (Monday)

13 June 2013 | Florida Bay

The good, the bad and water spouts

June 12th, 2013

31 May 2013
We spent the day shopping for the boat, again.... Anyone who knows me, knows I hate to shop. But when you go cruising you really need to decide which items you think you'll not to able to find "where ever" you're going... If you're cruising to a country much like the US then there really isn't too much of a problem except you might not be able to find "your favorites". In our case we're headed to a country that is considered to be "a third world country" so I decided to pick up some items that I don't think willl be easy to get there unless we travel to Guatemala City (7 hrs away by bus)

Having lived on the Carson G II for over nine years now I had pretty much purged our clothing and such. Now, with this trip, it was time to have a look see to decided if the clothing would have a long enough "shelf life" or if we needed to get new or "newer" ones. Our clothing made it through but the shoes took a hit... I ended getting a new pair of "sneaker type boat shoes" and sandals. (I don't think I'll be wearing any heels there....) Carson's are just fine... (according to him..) We also picked up an extra fitted sheet for our bed and a couple of window rods that expand to keep the books on the bookshelves when we're in weather months. Not a lot of shopping for sure but it involved a bit of driving around Bradenton as everything is "well spaced"....

Having some "issues" with this blog setup. It has a timed format, for some reason, and I'll get "timed out" and lose my writing if I can't finish it in time. I'm trying to re-enter the blog posting and continue but this is the 2nd time I've run into this and it's driving me crazy... So if you come across a "chopped" entry (one that seems all of a sudden to end), that's the reason why. If any of you have any ideas why his is happening or what the heck to do about it.... I'm all ears.

Carson did get one outboard motor mounted on the stern rail today. He'll be working on the other tomorrow.

That's it from a very frustrated cruiser..... :)



Comments

About & Links