Out There Somewhere

Vessel Name: CARSON G II
Vessel Make/Model: 49 ft. Morgan OI Ketch
Hailing Port: Tampa, Florida
Crew: Carson & Hope Green
About: Carson was born and raised on Grand Manan Island, N.B. Canada. Hope, a New Yorker, moved to Grand Manan as a new bride....long ago. Miss Gizmo, our Himalayan cat, joined us in Florida. We're both finally retired and we'll be sailing out there.... somewhere.
15 September 2013 | Boot key Harbor, Marathon, Fl.
30 July 2013
01 July 2013
24 June 2013
17 June 2013
13 June 2013 | Florida Bay
11 June 2013
10 June 2013 | Marco Island
10 June 2013
09 June 2013
07 June 2013
05 June 2013
03 June 2013
01 June 2013
31 May 2013
30 May 2013
31 December 1969
31 December 1969
31 December 1969
Recent Blog Posts
15 September 2013 | Boot key Harbor, Marathon, Fl.

Final Blog

I am sorry inform you all that this will be the last blog of the Carson G II. We're unable to continue cruising due to Hope's continued health issues. So our advice to all of you is to go cruising as soon as you can and for as long as you can!!! We did get out in 2010 so we do have those memories [...]

30 July 2013

July's update

July 30, 2013

01 July 2013

Happy Canada Day!!!

July 1st, 2013 (Monday)

24 June 2013

New Blog Site????

June 24, 2013 (Monday)

17 June 2013

June 17, 2013 (Monday)

13 June 2013 | Florida Bay

The good, the bad and water spouts

June 12th, 2013

July's update

30 July 2013
July 30, 2013

It’s amazing how fast time goes! It has been almost a month since I updated this blog…. It was a rainy July 4th here, in Marathon, so we didn’t take in any of the festivities except for watching the fireworks while listening to the selected music, for the show, playing on the radio. The rain held off till just after the show ended.

If you’re a face book friend then you know what we’ve been up to but for the other blog followers here’s the skinny on the last month….

During July we have had approximately 10 days of stormy, windy (35 to 50 MPH winds at times), hot, humid, raining weather. Yucky would describe it pretty much. The other days were just very hot and very humid. (I keep reminding myself we’re in a tropical zone after all.) The average interior temperature, with the wind scoops in place, is 85 to 88 degrees. When we used the “window” AC unit, in one of the salon hatches, the interior temperature of the cabin dropped only by 2 to 3 degrees but it removed the humidity and so we were comfortable. (The AC unit has been used twice when the interior temperature was 89 and the humidity was at 75%. Whenever the AC is on the generator has to run…) The boat is now “tented” with tree tarps to help cool the deck area. It helps with the interior temperature…

We’ve been “noodling” off the boat and so far “the creatures from the black lagoon” have left us alone! I did notice that I appeared to have little red marks here and there afterwards and was concerned about sea fleas so I asked a “full time” resident about the marks. He said there are very small krill here and that’s what made the marks… The diver wears a wetsuit when he cleans the boats’ bottoms as they bother him also. Hubby didn’t have one mark at all. Go figure….

Florida has been having a problem with iguanas and have pest control advertisements on TV and in the papers. We had a visit from a 3 foot iguana. It must have swam, to the boat, because it was on our back deck one morning when Carson got up and was going to go ashore. He “assisted” it off the boat with a long handled brush/mop only to have it attempt to climb back up… Carson assisted it back into the water again. Finally the iguana swam away. Hubby did not tell me about this episode until that evening when we had company for dinner. The back deck hatch is located over our bed and there isn’t a screen in it because of the wind scoop…

Have taken a few photos and hope to post them to our FB page… We had a dolphin visit us early one morning and he stayed for quite some time around the boat’s stern and the dinghy. He’s been the only one we’ve seen here so far…

That’s it for now. Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Comments

About & Links