Heading for the Sun

18 September 2016 | Bangor Co. Down Northern Ireland
15 September 2016 | Albert Dock Liverpool
14 September 2016 | Liverpool
14 September 2016 | Douglas Isle of Man
07 September 2016 | Port St Mary Isle of Man
04 September 2016 | Holyhead
03 September 2016 | Holyhead
03 September 2016 | Holyhead
03 September 2016 | Holyhead
01 September 2016 | Holyhead
30 August 2016 | Isle of Man
29 August 2016 | Isle of Man
29 August 2016 | Isle of Man
28 August 2016 | Isle of Man
22 August 2016 | Peel, Isle of Man
17 August 2016 | Gigha
16 August 2016
16 August 2016
15 August 2016
14 August 2016 | Portpatrick Scotland

A Busy Week

30 August 2016 | Isle of Man


Its hard to believe that we have been in Peel again for over a week.
We have had a fabulous and very varied time.
The first few days we were on our own and did a lot of walking and went on the bus to Castletown and visited the magnificent castle.
We got a special museum pass they were doing for the motorcycle festival which allowed us into all the museums for the next 2 weeks and we made good us of it.

We went to the sailing club on Wednesday night with new friends Dave and Norma off Albiquila a lovely 50 foot restored motor-yacht and had a great nights craic ending up back on Granuiale until 0100.
On Thursday we moved out in the morning to let Albiquila out and we went onto the outside of Pelagos Venture.
After lunch we went and walked around Peel Castle using our heritage badge for “free” entry.
It was very good with an audio commentary.
As we were leaving we spotted David's yacht Serinity waiting for the bridge so we shouted over to them and then after a walk to the harbour wall to see a French Square Rigged ship we walked down to the marina and met up with David and his brother Phil.
We chatted for a couple of hours and then another motorboat came in with another guy I knew Ken Reid so I went and chatted with him for a while.

On Friday morning we went to the house of Mannan and spent 3 hours going through the exhibits. It was another glorious sunny day but there was a biting SW wind.
We had to move again to let the converted fishing boat beside us out and then got into his spot.

There were another 20 yachts that came in but Mike the harbour master didnt let any onto the wall behind us until we had got sorted out.
Ocean Dove came in with Gary, Shelia and the kids and dogs and tied up outside of us.
We all went to the sailing club in the evening and had a great night meeting up with Combine and his wife Trish who we hadnt seen in years and David and Phil also turned up.

On Saturday I was up early and met up with David and Phil at 0900 and we got the bus to Ramsey along with Gary and Shelia and the kids to watch the first days racing of the Classic TT.
It was a beautiful sunny day with light winds and we had a great time watching the bikes.
We then got the bus to Douglas and after a pint and a lot of craic got the bus back to Peel.
It had been a great day out.
We spent the night onboard Ocean Dove along with Mike and Gabby and had a great nights craic. When we went to bed there was torrential rain during the night.


By Sunday morning the rain had stopped and it was a warm .
I baked a cake for Shelia as it is her birthday tomorrow but they will be on there way back to Potaferry so we celebrated today.
On the way to the shop I met more people I knew from home while working in Kirk's.
Gary took us all to Jurby in Mike's car and we saw the Battle of Britain fly past and thousands of bikes.
We took the car back to Peel and then Gary and I drove to Mikes house in Ramsey and after a wait of an hour got the double decker bus which was totally full and not even standing room on it back to Peel and although every one was crowded in there was a great atmosphere and everyone was in a good mood.
We all had tea on Granauile and then had another great nights craic.

On Monday I woke to another glorious sunny morning.
Gary and Shelia left at 0800 when the flap went down.
After breakfast I went and saw Dave Lancaster on Scotch Lass and photographed his pilot book for the sound of calf at the south end of the Isle of Man.
We invited Dave and Phil over for coffee but they later phoned me to say they had a car for the day so I went with them to Douglas to watch the bike racing.
We had a great day out and met other people who I knew from Bangor.
We finished off the night on David's yacht and had another great nights craic.
Comments
Vessel Name: Yacht Granuaile
Vessel Make/Model: Wylo II Home built
Hailing Port: Bangor Northern Ireland
Crew: Richard and Eilish

Who: Richard and Eilish
Port: Bangor Northern Ireland