S.V. Gratitude

Brewer 44, hull number 284

18 March 2019 | Cumberland Island, GA
08 February 2019
08 February 2019 | George Town, Exumas
01 February 2019 | Great Harbor Cay
31 December 2018 | Stuart, FL
21 December 2018 | Stuart Florida
21 December 2018
17 December 2018 | Stuart, FL
14 December 2018 | St. Augustine, FL
13 December 2018 | Sister’s Creek
12 December 2018 | Atlantic Ocean
11 December 2018 | Windmill Harbour
01 March 2017 | Exumas
26 February 2017 | Jumentos Cays & Ragged Islands
09 February 2017 | Hog Cay, Jumentos Islands, Bahamas
27 January 2017 | En Route to Nassau
23 January 2017 | Sister Creek, Marathon, FL
06 January 2017 | Cayo Costa State Park
17 March 2016
14 March 2016

Little Miss Muffet

02 January 2012 | Marathon, FL
EVS: Windy and Cloudy
January 2, 2012

We remain in Marathon, awaiting and now experiencing a passing front. The winds are expected to reach 25-30 tonight and we are all buttoned down. Intend to stay on the boat, or close by, tomorrow. May go in for some showers and laundry, but not any great distance.

So, today, we did a bit of walking (something in the order of 5 miles or so) up the highway to the Crane Point Nature Preserve and Museum. It was well worth the visit, the ~1 mile trek around the 60+ acres, the museum, and the history of the place. While there, we overtook a couple on the path staring intently into the brush. We looked but saw nothing so asked what they were studying. They said “a spider” and there was this guy, not 2 feet away. He (or she?) is about 3” from leg tip to leg tip and quite colorful.

We had dinner aboard last night with three other couples, Jim and Irene from Escapaid (VT), Brian and Lynne from Midori (Canada), and Steve and Mary Ann from Living Well (Indiana). Midori and Living Well are from the same boat yard where we store Gratitude and we wanted to introduce them to Jim and Irene who will be cruising the West Coast of Florida this year. Had a grand time and then today, we provided Jim with more particular information re routes, anchorages, etc. We, Midori, and Living Well, as well as Molly and Baxter from Stella Blue (Utah) are planning to depart here Thursday, head up the coast toward Miami and possibly make the crossing to Bimini on Sunday. The winds are projected to be light and from the SE and S, perfect directions for a crossing.

Van and Lauren
Comments
Vessel Name: Gratitude
Vessel Make/Model: Brewer 44 Ketch
Hailing Port: Brandon, VT
Crew: Van and Lauren
About: It is hard to believe, but this is our 7th season aboard Gratitude. It will be a short season and close to FL, but we hope to relax, enjoy the time, being on the water, and each other. Come along.
Extra: Live it while you can.

2015 Cruise

Who: Van and Lauren
Port: Brandon, VT