graynorth

16 September 2014 | Lac-en-Coeur, Quebec
11 November 2012 | Green Turtle Cay
29 October 2012 | Ottawa
09 October 2012 | Ottawa
14 May 2012 | Ottawa, Canada
23 April 2012 | Echo Drive
18 March 2012 | Tahiti Beach, Elbow Cay
08 March 2012 | Hopetown Harbour
04 March 2012 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2012 | Tahiti Beach, Elbow Cay
08 January 2012 | Abacos Bahamas
27 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
26 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
22 December 2011 | Elbow Cay, Abacos, Bahamas
19 December 2011 | Marsh Harbour
17 December 2011 | Marsh Harbour
14 December 2011 | Hopetown Harbour
13 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
04 December 2011 | Abacos Bahamas
02 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas

December in the Bahamas!

01 December 2009 | Black Sound on GTC
Hot and awaiting the next weather front
Another full sun day with blue skies and no wind.
Unfortunately there is heavy weather expected over the next 5 days with thundershowers and winds over 45mph... the front is expected to arrive this evening.

Reluctantly we left our anchorage at Manjack this morning at 8am in order to catch the high tide which allows us to "hide" in Black Sound, tied to a mooring ball, safe from whatever nature throws at us.

We'll do some cycling, visit with friends, add more provisions, and buy the necessary tools to allow me to attempt to un-seize the starting motor of the generator...given the generators location (buried in the bottom of the boat) this is not a task I am looking forward to.

With the full sun days we have had over the past four days, the solar panels have completely charged all of the batteries on board.

News from the farm in Quebec indicates that while the chimney has been replaced after the chimney fire, and the new foundation has been correctly installed complete with proper footings and foundation, drainage and foam insulation (thank you Andre), the latest problem is a completely full septic system which will need to be completely replaced. Our daughter, Michelle, is doing a wonderful job of managing things although I suspect having 4 people living in the farmhouse while the septic system is replaced may be challenging.

Never a dull moment!

I'll spend this morning purchasing all the necessary equipment to allow me to continue to provide fresh fish and lobster for our daily intake...

It's fun to learn new things and get closer to our natural environment.

I hear it's white in Ottawa.... is that true?

glen
Comments
Vessel Name: Graynorth
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 473
Hailing Port: Green Turtle Cay, Abacos, Bahamas
Crew: Louise Simonson
About: My best friend, lover and wife!