graynorth

16 September 2014 | Lac-en-Coeur, Quebec
11 November 2012 | Green Turtle Cay
29 October 2012 | Ottawa
09 October 2012 | Ottawa
14 May 2012 | Ottawa, Canada
23 April 2012 | Echo Drive
18 March 2012 | Tahiti Beach, Elbow Cay
08 March 2012 | Hopetown Harbour
04 March 2012 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2012 | Tahiti Beach, Elbow Cay
08 January 2012 | Abacos Bahamas
27 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
26 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
22 December 2011 | Elbow Cay, Abacos, Bahamas
19 December 2011 | Marsh Harbour
17 December 2011 | Marsh Harbour
14 December 2011 | Hopetown Harbour
13 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
04 December 2011 | Abacos Bahamas
02 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas

Rainbows and fresh winds!

19 January 2009 | GTC
Another cold front expected!
Yesterday was spent swimming in the ocean on a wonderful deserted beach.... Our friends, Bill and Ginny, are surprised at the miles and miles of beautiful empty beaches, sparkling white sand, and absolutely empty.........just us Canadian sailers, all alone, looking out at the Atlantic Ocean.

Another fabulous dinner of red snapper ( we've run out of propane and got the use of a 20lb tank while we await the return of our two 10lb bottles next Thursday).

We cycled up to the Green Turtle Club (7 km each way) for a cold beer on the patio, and we were the only folks in the entire club. Tourism is VERY slow!

Thanks to the entire day of sunshine, we returned to find the batteries completely full and all deficits (100Ah) eliminated. Wonderful not to have to run the generator!

Louise is marinating a small leg of lamb with local found herbs of Spanish oregano and rosemary with garlic from Echo Dr. It should be very special.

Bill ( a professional photographer)has been out shotting hundreds of photos which I am hoping to post on this blog. His camera is rather fancy, and the typical file size is 10-20Mb. So we'll have to figure out the "low res" setting!

This morning Louise awoke the boat to see a rather spectacular "full" rainbow right across the harbour.... my camera does not have a wide angle lense, but I tried to capture the early morning mood.

Tomorrow's forecast is 60+ winds, so we'll enjoy the day exploring New Plymouth, and do some tuneups on the bikes. It's been great to have 4 bicycles on board so that everyone can tour the island, but the older two bikes need some routine maintenance. The saltwater environment is pretty hard on them.

Lot's of fun!

glen


Comments
Vessel Name: Graynorth
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 473
Hailing Port: Green Turtle Cay, Abacos, Bahamas
Crew: Louise Simonson
About: My best friend, lover and wife!