24 October 2010 | Newburgh, NY
Planned on anchoring off Pollepel Island but, after we got back in there (very tricky) it was blowing 20 and wind howling from the south, the anchorage gave us no protection from the wind or current. Therefore, we worked our way back out and then headed North about 45 min to Newburgh. Got to Torches Restaurant & Marina after the sun went down. Both Greg and I were on the dock and decided to walk her back a bit. That was a mistake! The current was trying to pull Jolly Mon away from the dock. We managed to get the midship line secured before she got away. Her stern moved toward the dock, Greg boarded her from the wind vane at the stern and motored her back to the dock where we secured her and added 3 more lines than normal. That was not fun. We planned to leave the next morning but awoke to dense fog. It did not clear until after 11 AM so we stayed another night. The marina only charged us $25 for the second night. We Rocked and Rolled for 2 days from the current and traffic.