28 March 2021 | Dismal Swamp Canal
20 March 2021 | St Augustine Municipal Marina Mooring Field
16 March 2021 | Saint Augustine, Florida
13 March 2021 | Key West, FL
10 March 2021 | Garrison Bight Mooring Field, Key West, FL
05 March 2021 | Fleming Key, Key West, FL
25 February 2021 | Fleming Key,Key West, Fl
21 February 2021 | Big Marco River, Marco Island, FL
16 February 2021 | Fort Myers Beach, FL
13 February 2021 | Pelican Bay
09 February 2021 | Pelican Bay, Caya Costa, FL
06 February 2021 | Pine Island, FL
04 February 2021 | Glover Bight, Cape Coral, FL
30 January 2021 | Ft Myers Beach, Fl
28 January 2021 | Fort Myers Beach, FL
26 January 2021 | Fort Meyers, Fl
24 January 2021 | Marco Island, Fl
20 January 2021 | Big Marco River Anchorage, Marco Island, FL
17 January 2021 | Fleming Key, Key West, FL
14 January 2021 | Wisteria Anchorage, Key West
Onward toward Charleston
03 December 2018
Another early morning. First out of the anchorage with what seemed to be a little fog. We would soon find it to be another morning or better yet day of split pea soup.
Radar on.....check.....navigation lights on.......check.......steaming light on......check. We should be okay between those and our AIS for the bigger guys. The small power boats are the ones we worry about the most in the ICW but on a day like today I hope they all stayed at home.
Soon Jezzebel III (a sport fish) is passing us on our stern. He gives a slow pass and comments over the radio about the weather. By this time we have thunder, lightning, rain and fog. There were predictions for hail but we never saw any.
Some ask why travel in such weather? If we did not have any of the above mentioned safety items available to us we would stay put, but on a day where you can get a few miles down the road we opt for traveling. You see the traffic would be light and we are not “wasting” a day sitting around waiting. The ICW can be treacherous in some parts, but when you are in the canals with protection on both sides, it just makes sense.
We finally saw the fog lift and the rain would come and go. We elected to not go all the way to Charleston but to pull into an anchorage about 10 miles north on Price Creek. The birds seem to be finding these long docks to call their home for the night. Amazing the length of the docks down this way. There is only one other boat in the anchorage and Greg believes it is another Caliber owner though the paint job is quite different from most Calibers.
Anyway....time to relax with a glass of wine and then a dinner of crab cakes from J & W Seafood. Oh the things that excite us! A little piece of home in the crab cake.