Sailing Ti Amo - Our Sixth Adventure

28 March 2021 | Dismal Swamp Canal
20 March 2021 | St Augustine Municipal Marina Mooring Field
16 March 2021 | Saint Augustine, Florida
13 March 2021 | Key West, FL
10 March 2021 | Garrison Bight Mooring Field, Key West, FL
05 March 2021 | Fleming Key, Key West, FL
25 February 2021 | Fleming Key,Key West, Fl
21 February 2021 | Big Marco River, Marco Island, FL
16 February 2021 | Fort Myers Beach, FL
13 February 2021 | Pelican Bay
09 February 2021 | Pelican Bay, Caya Costa, FL
06 February 2021 | Pine Island, FL
04 February 2021 | Glover Bight, Cape Coral, FL
30 January 2021 | Ft Myers Beach, Fl
28 January 2021 | Fort Myers Beach, FL
26 January 2021 | Fort Meyers, Fl
24 January 2021 | Marco Island, Fl
20 January 2021 | Big Marco River Anchorage, Marco Island, FL
17 January 2021 | Fleming Key, Key West, FL

It’s not the presents but the presence

30 December 2018
It has been one glorious....fast paced.....hectic......peaceful......anxious......and joyous week for the three of us.

I will have to start with Jaxon and his introduction to Augie's brother, Luca. Jaxon and Augie met in Jaxon's first three weeks with us but now Augie has a little brother. Luca is a cutie pie......he is black with white markings on his chest, a tipped tail, and two white feet. He is a ball of energy and the perfect companion for Augie. But.....his world was "rocked" when Jaxon decided he was just as big as they were (Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix). He held his ground and would more times than not be the one to instigate trouble. Jaxon was out to prove that being small did not mean he could not "hold his own". Well on the last night we were visiting I am afraid that Luca really won the battle as he and Jaxon were playing tug of war with a toy and poor Jaxon became the dust mop as Luca pulled him around the living room floor. I will say Jaxon was not giving up on the toy but the floors were the definite winners of this game. Augie and Luca are both going to be missed by Jaxon. He enjoyed the exercise and some fellow four legged friends.

On to our Christmas joy! We knew it would be a power packed week with gifts still left to purchase, food to make and gatherings to attend. We hit the ground running. Greg and I had errands to run which included stopping to get some blood work done, dropping my computer off at work and finish that up then dropping by to see our dear friend Leigh at our accountants office. We then headed to Crozet to unpack our bags and spend a week with our grandchildren.

Friday, PopPop and I are watching the little ones as their mom and dad needed to work. This provided an opportunity for us to make a date with Robin and go to the movies to see the new Mary Poppins movie. What fun!

Saturday morning my daughter (in law) and I went to have pedicures and manicures first thing. We had so much fun catching up and just being "girls". Then we set off for the holiday food and gift shopping which started at Costco then continued at Trader Joe's and finished at Kroger. Gift shopping was sprinkled about as we meandered in and out of the various stores. I had the day I had never anticipated. It was MY CHRISTMAS gift. All I wanted for Christmas was to spend time with family.....have fun.....go shopping.....cook some food.....and attend more family gatherings. In the hustle and bustle of the day my daughter (in law) and I laughed, spent a few dollars, bought food, gifts and planned our menu for the week.

Sunday we had our Fetty family gathering with about 30 folks in attendance. We had our usual fun gift exchange and food that seemed to never end as well as laughter from stories that today still make me smile.

Monday was Christmas Eve and the day was packed. We began with Jen, Janek, Robin and Barry joining us for an afternoon of food and fun. We baked cookies for Santa, exchanged gifts and ate (yet again). Christmas Eve night would bring a family tradition that Erika has of eating tamales with red chili sauce, beans, lettuce and tomato salad, and chili for the children. Then off to bed for the children after setting out the cookies and eggnog for Santa. The adults were not far behind as we were all tired from running about for the last couple of days. But our sleep would not be long.....because?????? Of course our little ones are going to be up early to see if the gentleman in the red suit had stopped by their house.

6:00 am and we are watching the eyes iight up as they see the gifts left under the tree for them. It truly is a magical time as we watch the smiles of wonder. Our youngest granddaughter was probably the most fun to watch as you could see things entering into her head and it was like a lightbulb going off. Oh well the only thing that could top the fun of watching these little ones would be a delicious turkey dinner followed by pumpkin pie.

You know I cannot put into words just how magical this trip was for Greg and I. There were moments that I will never forget from watching my son and Greg work together to build a fence for the dogs, to the children all getting along without any arguing, to the dogs using a toy to play tug of war and watching Jaxon "mop the floor".

Again I repeat......it is in the Presence.......not Presents that we find the magic of Christmas.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ti Amo
Vessel Make/Model: Caliber 47 LRC
Hailing Port: Topping, VA
Crew: Greg, Glenda and Jaxon Groome
Ti Amo's Photos - Main
6 Photos
Created 22 October 2019
ICW 2018
27 Photos
Created 29 November 2018
46 Photos
Created 26 June 2018
24 Photos
Created 23 June 2018
75 Photos
Created 16 June 2018
Anchorages and stops up the Chesapeake
21 Photos
Created 6 June 2018
10 Photos
Created 4 June 2018
20 Photos
Created 2 June 2018
Photos of a great little navigator
25 Photos
Created 27 May 2018
87 Photos
Created 5 May 2017
69 Photos
Created 2 March 2017
43 Photos
Created 1 March 2017
22 Photos
Created 27 February 2017
22 Photos
Created 19 February 2017
55 Photos
Created 19 February 2017
14 Photos
Created 18 February 2017
15 Photos
Created 18 February 2017
138 Photos
Created 22 December 2016
34 Photos
Created 12 December 2016
17 Photos
Created 5 December 2016
61 Photos
Created 27 October 2016
6 Photos
Created 1 February 2016
183 Photos
Created 4 December 2015
114 Photos
Created 23 October 2015
6 Photos
Created 8 August 2015
10 Photos
Created 23 July 2015
10 Photos
Created 21 July 2015
No Photos
Created 20 July 2015
Old Marina Stomping Grounds
15 Photos
Created 15 July 2015
Greg's Childhood Vacation spot
14 Photos
Created 15 July 2015
Pics taken by our good friend Jiho Han
8 Photos
Created 12 July 2015
Bridge #1
1 Photo
Created 1 June 2015

The Crew

Who: Greg, Glenda and Jaxon Groome
Port: Topping, VA