12 March 2013 | St Marys, Ga
Left Jekyll Island at 0730. Smooth runfor first hour and a half then we had to go almost to ocean in St Andrews Sound. Current was coming in bringing the waves with it. And of course we had 15 kts of wind on the nose. Rollers were about 25 ft apart, so about every 3 waves brought my motor out of the water and slowed me to an almost stop. Took all i could then decided this close to high tide, i am going to cut across the horseshoe bank. Chart showed 2 ft at low tide. I got a catamaran 2 ft should be no problem. Worked this time. Made my way on up the Cumberland River towards St Marys. Cumberland sound had wind and waves and current on the nose (i should copy and paste that instead of typing) had to tack back and forth to keep good headway. Made turn into st marys river and docked in strong current and wind. Vern and his friend Clark were there to control the crash. Will stay here for 3 days for minor repairs. Motor parts won't be in until next week so they will be sent to ft lauderdale. I will get by until then i hope.