Hanna Jane

Follow along as we jump off the proverbial cliff and restore an old wood ketch to cruise the pacific northwest!

30 September 2014
18 September 2014 | C-Dock
04 September 2014 | Home in her slip
02 September 2014 | Port Townsend Boat Haven
20 August 2014 | Port Townsend Boat Yard
23 July 2013 | Port Townsend
25 July 2012 | Port Ludlow
25 May 2012 | Port Ludlow
10 April 2012
28 March 2012 | Port Ludlow
31 January 2012 | next to her big Sis
16 August 2011 | Friday Harbor
16 August 2011 | Sucia Island/Friday Harbor
19 July 2011 | Brownsville Marina
06 July 2011 | Port Ludlow WA
07 June 2011 | Port Gamble Bay WA
11 May 2011 | Port Ludlow WA

Life on the hard!

02 September 2014 | Port Townsend Boat Haven
So obviously the first thing any responsible new boat owner does when they are suspicious of conditions does is haul out. Well I wish I could say it went easy but then it wouldn't be boating. First off the port has some new rules that include the need for liability insurance and also a bilge inspection before they lift you. Well the bilges were just a matter of getting on your hands and knees and working for 10 days straight to removes the sludge, rust, oil, chain and various other oddities from the compartments. The insurance was a whole other matter! So the port wont haul you without insurance and the insurance company wont cover you without a haul out (survey) Anyone besides me confused? Well we finally got past that circus and moved on to the real work. We installed six new ribs three new planks and over one hundred and fifty new fasteners and bung plugs! Needless to say we didn't get a lot of "pretty work" done in the two weeks we were out. The weather was warm and the bottom was getting dry so back in she went. Then the fun begins again.... The engine wont start and were taking on water......... More later....
Comments
Vessel Name: Hanna Jane
Vessel Make/Model: 1940 Tahiti Ketch
Hailing Port: Port Ludlow WA
Crew: Michael & Sharon McGouran
About: This is our second wooden boat.. Need I say more?
Extra: We bought Hanna in August 2014. She has circumnavigated 3 times and was in need of a new lover.

Hanna Jane

Who: Michael & Sharon McGouran
Port: Port Ludlow WA