Happiness is being on the Water

24 September 2019 | NYC
18 September 2019 | Waterford, NY
04 May 2018 | Oriental, NC
03 March 2018 | Black Point South Bay on Great Guana Cay
09 February 2018 | Hog Cay
24 January 2018 | Duncan Town
09 January 2018 | George Town, Great Exuma Island
23 December 2017 | Black Point Settlement
19 December 2017 | Palm Beach Florida
06 December 2017 | Vero Beach City Marina
27 November 2017 | Merritt Island Cocoa Beach, Florida
23 November 2017 | Marineland, Florida
19 November 2017 | Marsh Island, St. John’s River near Jacksonsville, FL.
28 May 2017 | Oriental, NC
15 April 2017 | Allans-Pensacola
05 April 2017 | Lynyard Cay
20 March 2017 | Salt Pond, Long Island, Bahamas
14 March 2017 | George Town, Bahamas
23 February 2017 | George Town, 🇧🇸

New Smyrna Beach to Vero Beach, Florida

14 December 2015 | New Smyrna Beach
Sunny 82, Winds S. 10-15K
We arrived in New Smyrna Beach Florida on Saturday, December 12 around 10:30AM, and anchored just past the Harris Saxon Bridge in a protected anchorage. We were surprised to see there are some boats anchored that look to be abandoned. For sure there were some boats that need to be towed away. My feeling is that it ruins the beauty of anchoring. To me, anchoring in a bay, means there are friendly people aboard who are on the move taking a short visit to stop and smell the roses. Then they move on to their next adventure. Anyway, in spite of the abandoned boats, we found the perfect spot to watch the annual Christmas Boat parade. Once we got anchored we went for a dinghy ride and explored the area, we went through some mangroves and in and out of a couple of marinas. I almost drove over a manatee, but saw him just in time to change my course. We tied up on shore and went into the town to discover an antique car show /parade going on. It was pretty neat. There were people lined up on the street standing and sitting in chairs to view the beautiful restored cars. There were dozens of cute little shops on the street as well. We got back to the boat in time for the Christmas boat parade. Of course, I had to put our lights on in our cockpit as well. The parade reminded of a miniature Macy’s Thanksgiving day parade with the floats on the water vs. the street. They had music, people and lots of lights outlining their boats and other stuff. We loved it and did our best to cheer them on as they went by our boat. We had the best seats in the house.

The next day, December 13, we pulled anchor at 7:30AM and arrived in Coca Beach at 2:45PM where we spent the night just off of the ICW in a NE anchorage just before the Coca Bridge. A few showers passed by during the evening, making it a nice night for sleeping. We pulled anchor today, December 14, at 7:15AM with our friends on S/V "Grace V" and headed to Vero Beach. It was a warm and sunny day. During our passage we saw our first pirate ship, however, it wasn’t very threatening. I took a picture of it anyway to send to our grandsons.

We are presently in Vero Beach tied to a mooring ball with friends Jane and David on S/V "So Far So Good". Tim and Karen on S/V "Grace V" are here as well. We plan on staying for a few days while we check out the town.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scheherazade
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 42'/ 1984
Hailing Port: Chaumont, NY
Crew: Ron and Deb Kurtz
About:
Ron is a retired instrumental music teacher. He has been sailing since he was a young man (1970) on Lake Ontario in Henderson Harbor, NY. His dream has always been to own his own sailboat and anchor it in Henderson Harbor. Well, that dream has come true. [...]
Extra: The S/V Scheherazade's home port is Chaumont Bay in Chaumont, NY. Scheherazade is now on her way back from the Bahamas for the summer months.
Social:
Scheherazade 's Photos - Main
Locking through the Locks Erie Canal and Mohawk River
16 Photos
Created 18 September 2019
Scheherazade anchored out in front of Jerry and Donna’s house
5 Photos | 8 Sub-Albums
Created 19 November 2017
Putting Mast up.
4 Photos
Created 19 September 2016
2nd Trip to the Bahamas
2 Photos | 12 Sub-Albums
Created 31 August 2016
This is our first trip to the Bahamas
14 Photos | 22 Sub-Albums
Created 12 September 2015