Happiness is being on the Water

24 September 2019 | NYC
18 September 2019 | Waterford, NY
04 May 2018 | Oriental, NC
03 March 2018 | Black Point South Bay on Great Guana Cay
09 February 2018 | Hog Cay
24 January 2018 | Duncan Town
09 January 2018 | George Town, Great Exuma Island
23 December 2017 | Black Point Settlement
19 December 2017 | Palm Beach Florida
06 December 2017 | Vero Beach City Marina
27 November 2017 | Merritt Island Cocoa Beach, Florida
23 November 2017 | Marineland, Florida
19 November 2017 | Marsh Island, St. John’s River near Jacksonsville, FL.
28 May 2017 | Oriental, NC
15 April 2017 | Allans-Pensacola
05 April 2017 | Lynyard Cay
20 March 2017 | Salt Pond, Long Island, Bahamas
14 March 2017 | George Town, Bahamas
23 February 2017 | George Town, 🇧🇸

Working the Annapolis Boat Show

21 October 2016 | Deltaville, Va.
Sunny, Warm 74 Winds SW
Okay, I know it has been a while since I have done a blog entry. But, what can I say? We have been working hard at the Annapolis Boat Show. First we worked the sail boat show and then we worked the motor boat show. Ron and I were assigned “setup” which meant rearranging downtown Annapolis in preparation for the boat show. Ron worked with the floor crew where he laid down floors for the tents to be place upon. I worked with the tent crew putting together and setting up tents. I must admit, I had no idea how hard it was going to be. We worked 10-12 hour days. Thank God for we have lots of Advil to dull the aches and pains. The first couple of days were the hardest, but then we got into a routine and it was mostly fun. We met some really interesting and nice people. Some folks were local, some traveled long distances by car and some were cruisers like us that stopped on their way south to work the shows. Our first day of work was Sunday, October 2 and our last day was Monday, October 17. We did have four days off during that time which was a good thing, because our toilet macerator broke down and Ron had to put in a new toilet. We also had time for dinners and a few happy hours with our friends Mary Beth and Joe from S/V Sapphire, Karen and Tim from S/V Grace V and Charlene and Gill from S/V First love. We also had a great dinner at an Italian Restaurant with Geza and Lindsay from S/V Namaste. Our last day of work was this past Monday. It was sad to realize our Boat Show career has come to an end.

On Tuesday morning, knowing there was a weather window to take advantage of, we left our anchorage in Spa Creek at O’dark thirty (just before sunrise), and headed south. It was a beautiful light wind and sunny day. We arrived at Solomon’s Island around 3:00 PM and dropped the anchored in Back Creek where we spent the night. The next morning, Wednesday, we got up and left the anchorage at 6:45 AM on our way to Deltaville, Va. to meet up with our friends Laurie and Paul from S/V Too Outrageous. The winds were light and on our beam. Therefore, we were able to do some sailing, but mostly motored sailed throughout the day. At 4:30 PM we dropped the anchor in Fishing Bay and at 5:30 PM we were on shore enjoying cocktails and dinner with our friends. We also made new friends, Julie and Brad from S/V Estrella del Sur. Ron and I realized, this year’s trip to the Bahamas is so much more fun because we get to spend time with friends that we met last year, while we continue to make new friends which is so much fun.

Yesterday, Thursday, we were able to go running, pick up some groceries and wash our clothes. Our plan is to stay here while a cold front passes through. The front is supposed to start this evening and continue through Saturday evening. They are predicting high winds with gusts up to 40 Knots. Hopefully, our anchor will hold and we will be protected enough by the land. If the winds die down enough, we plan on moving to Norfolk Sunday.





Comments
Vessel Name: Scheherazade
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 42'/ 1984
Hailing Port: Chaumont, NY
Crew: Ron and Deb Kurtz
About:
Ron is a retired instrumental music teacher. He has been sailing since he was a young man (1970) on Lake Ontario in Henderson Harbor, NY. His dream has always been to own his own sailboat and anchor it in Henderson Harbor. Well, that dream has come true. [...]
Extra: The S/V Scheherazade's home port is Chaumont Bay in Chaumont, NY. Scheherazade is now on her way back from the Bahamas for the summer months.
Social:
Scheherazade 's Photos - Main
Locking through the Locks Erie Canal and Mohawk River
16 Photos
Created 18 September 2019
Scheherazade anchored out in front of Jerry and Donna’s house
5 Photos | 8 Sub-Albums
Created 19 November 2017
Putting Mast up.
4 Photos
Created 19 September 2016
2nd Trip to the Bahamas
2 Photos | 12 Sub-Albums
Created 31 August 2016
This is our first trip to the Bahamas
14 Photos | 22 Sub-Albums
Created 12 September 2015