Happiness is being on the Water

24 September 2019 | NYC
18 September 2019 | Waterford, NY
04 May 2018 | Oriental, NC
03 March 2018 | Black Point South Bay on Great Guana Cay
09 February 2018 | Hog Cay
24 January 2018 | Duncan Town
09 January 2018 | George Town, Great Exuma Island
23 December 2017 | Black Point Settlement
19 December 2017 | Palm Beach Florida
06 December 2017 | Vero Beach City Marina
27 November 2017 | Merritt Island Cocoa Beach, Florida
23 November 2017 | Marineland, Florida
19 November 2017 | Marsh Island, St. John’s River near Jacksonsville, FL.
28 May 2017 | Oriental, NC
15 April 2017 | Allans-Pensacola
05 April 2017 | Lynyard Cay
20 March 2017 | Salt Pond, Long Island, Bahamas
14 March 2017 | George Town, Bahamas
23 February 2017 | George Town, 🇧🇸

Florida to Baldwinsville back to Florida

19 December 2017 | Palm Beach Florida
Sunny, 80 degrees, Calm Winds
We left Vero Beach, Florida back on December 5 and grabbed a mooring ball at Sunset Bay Marina in Stuart, Florida. While in Stuart, we had lots of fun getting together with other cruising friends. One of the nights we had a fantastic Happy Hour on Blue Jacket along with cruising boats Mighty Fine, Persephone, and Salty Paws. Jerry and Donna did a fantastic job at making everyone feel welcome. I really enjoy my time in Stuart. I had fun shopping with the ladies. I did a couple of long bike rides with Donna from Mighty Fine to TJMAXX, the consignment shops and to the Home Store.

When we got up on Saturday morning it was cold and rainy. However, that did not stop Donna, Karen and I from taking an Uber a few miles down the road to the Flea Market. Luckily our friend Ronni who lives in Stuart, rescued us and took us out to lunch at TooJays.

During our stay Ron and I had lunch with Ron and Vicky from M/V Twilight Traveller. Some of you know them when they sailed their Passport called Civil Twilight. We are anxious to see their new boat.

On Monday, we took the dinghy for a three mile trip down the river to Dale and Ronni’s place. Once we got there, they drove us to a Mexican restaurant, Rancho Chico’s for dinner. Karen and Jerry from Persephone were also with us. It was a fun time.

We got up early the following morning and headed to North Palm Beach, Florida. We arrived at Old Port Cove Marina in North Palm around lunchtime. It is a very nice marina with many motor yachts. My son-in-laws brother and daughter live near by in Jupiter, so they came over for dinner and we celebrated his daughter Nicoles birthday. It was nice catching up with them.

The following morning we flew to Syracuse to see our grandson, Eli in the musical Beauty and The Beast, Jr. This was a performance put on by the Syracuse Children’s theater. He did a fantastic job playing the part of Maurice who is Bell’s father. The next day we went to a tree farm and cut down their Christmas Tree. It was a perfect snowy, cold winter day. Once we got it home, we all worked together and covered it with lights and ornaments. We had so much fun. On Sunday, we baked and decorated Christmas cookies and my close friend Anna stopped by for a quick visit. It was so good to see her. On Monday, we had to say our sad goodbyes and head back to Florida to continue our trip to the Bahamas. Even though it was a short visit, we definitely had lots of quality time with our loved ones.

We arrived back in North Palm beach on Monday afternoon, did some last minute provisioning at Publix and this morning, Tuesday, we left North Palm Beach and are presently anchored just inside the Lake Worth Inlet. The plan is to leave very early in the morning, before sunrise, to begin our trip over to the Bahamas. We hope to be in Nassau on Thursday in the early afternoon. Ron and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy Happy New Year.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scheherazade
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 42'/ 1984
Hailing Port: Chaumont, NY
Crew: Ron and Deb Kurtz
About:
Ron is a retired instrumental music teacher. He has been sailing since he was a young man (1970) on Lake Ontario in Henderson Harbor, NY. His dream has always been to own his own sailboat and anchor it in Henderson Harbor. Well, that dream has come true. [...]
Extra: The S/V Scheherazade's home port is Chaumont Bay in Chaumont, NY. Scheherazade is now on her way back from the Bahamas for the summer months.
Social:
Scheherazade 's Photos - Main
Locking through the Locks Erie Canal and Mohawk River
16 Photos
Created 18 September 2019
Scheherazade anchored out in front of Jerry and Donna’s house
5 Photos | 8 Sub-Albums
Created 19 November 2017
Putting Mast up.
4 Photos
Created 19 September 2016
2nd Trip to the Bahamas
2 Photos | 12 Sub-Albums
Created 31 August 2016
This is our first trip to the Bahamas
14 Photos | 22 Sub-Albums
Created 12 September 2015