Mostly Harmless

07 March 2008 | Richmond, BC
24 November 2007 | Aukland Harbour, New Zealand
14 November 2007 | 275 NM north of Kiwi Land
11 November 2007 | 450 NM from Whangarei
08 November 2007 | 600 NM from Whangarei
06 November 2007 | A couple miles outside North Minerva Reef
05 November 2007 | North Minerva Reef - day 2
05 November 2007 | North Minerva Reef
04 November 2007 | about 40 nm north of Minerva
03 November 2007 | somewhere in between Tongatapu and Minevera Reefs
31 October 2007 | Tonga - Nuku'Alofa - still
31 October 2007 | Tonga - Nuku'Alofa
14 October 2007 | Nukualofa - Tongatapu - Kingdom of Tonga
28 September 2007 | Vava'u, Tonga
13 September 2007 | Niue
31 August 2007 | Rarotonga, Cook Islands
27 August 2007 | 150 miles SE of Bora Bora
28 July 2007 | Leeward Island
23 July 2007 | Moorea, FP
15 July 2007 | Papeete, Tahiti

Last Visit to Mayne

29 April 2007 | Steveston, BC
Morgan MacKay
April 28th

Vanessa, Tyler and I left for Mayne on Saturday morning after breakfast. On the water by 1030, clear, sunny skies, 10 knots wind from the west. Hoisted the sails at the bend in the river. Rounded the Hooter and broad reached (wind, waves and current) for half an hour. Tyler and I decided to hoist the spinnaker for the very first time while Vanessa suntanned. Hoisting and setting the huge spinnaker was flawless. Sailed under spinnaker alone in about 5 knots of wind. Wind dropped to nothing over the next 2 hours, as did the boat speed. We drifted for a while and reluctantly doused the spinnaker and turned on the motor.

Motored into Miners bay about 1530. Tied up and went up the dock for beer and appy's at the Spring Water Lodge. Sat in the sun for a couple more hours drinking beer and relaxing. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

April 29th

Came down to the boat in Miners Bay in the early afternoon, Sunday. Put on the dive gear and did a free dive inspection of the hull bottom. Had to changed a shaft zinc, but otherwise everything looks a-okay. The Moore family came down to visit for a while. Departed Miners for Steveston about 4 in the afternoon. Listened to hockey game on the SSB radio while motoring across the straight. Ordered Pizza about 15 minutes out of the harbour. Docked in Steveston; Tyler got straight off and ran up to the pizza shop while Vanessa and I put the boat away. Had Pizza and beer in the cockpit for dinner.

(This is the second time this long is being written after an upgrade to the log software overwrote the log file and the last backup had to be loaded.)
Comments
Vessel Name: Mostly Harmless
Vessel Make/Model: C&C 40
Hailing Port: Steveston, BC, Canada
Crew: Morgan MacKay
About: Mostly Single Handed. Currently crew in the South Pacific: Vanessa. Crewed to Hawaii: Tyler Borges.
Extra: Bought in 2005 on Seattle WA, Wendigo became Mostly Harmless registered in Vancouver BC. Over the last year, she has undergone a transformation from a soft middle aged performance cruiser to capable offshore passage maker.

Mostly Harmless

Who: Morgan MacKay
Port: Steveston, BC, Canada