Havili

Exploring the world’s oceans, coastal communities, & islands

09 September 2019 | Nomuka Iki, Ha'apai Group
06 September 2019 | Ha'ano, Ha'apai Group
31 August 2019 | Port Maurelle, Vava'u Group
28 August 2019 | Nuku, Vava'u Group
24 August 2019 | Vava'u North Shore
12 April 2019 | Baie des Vierges, Fatu Hiva
08 April 2019 | Land Ho!!!
07 April 2019 | 143nm to Hiva 'Oa
31 March 2019 | 808nm to Hiva 'Oa at 246* Magnetic
27 March 2019 | The Doldrums
23 March 2019 | Pacific Ocean
21 March 2019 | Pacific Ocean
17 March 2019 | Sailing Across the Pacific Ocean!
17 March 2019 | Clipperton
14 March 2019 | 20nm NNE of Clipperton Island
12 March 2019 | 160nm NNE of Clipperton Island
12 March 2019 | Enroute to Clipperton Island

Birthday Fish

14 March 2019 | 20nm NNE of Clipperton Island
Nancy
Over the course of the five day voyage from Socorro to Clipperton, we were only able to catch two fish, on two separate days. The first day was on Tucker's birthday (three days earlier), and the second day was today (March 13), on Sam's birthday! I had planned to make a chocolate cake (with extra chocolate, as requested) right after my 12-3 watch, but was distracted by the looming storm clouds that had been creeping closer throughout my watch, and were only a couple miles away by the time I was done with my bout of hand- steering. All four of us sat in the cockpit, eagerly watching the oncoming squall and secretly hoping we would get a nice freshwater shower since its been a hot, sticky, and swimming-less passage (Catherine and I even changed into our bikinis in anticipation). The center of the squall passed ahead of us, but we did get enough rain to remember what it felt like to be cold again! After the "shower," I headed down to our room and a few minutes later, Sam was standing at our doorway, eyes crazed with excitement, holding a giant skipjack tuna in his hands! I went into the galley to see the tuna sitting in the baking pan I was going to use for the cake, and since nothing else we had was big enough to hold the fish, we decided to make birthday sushi hand rolls instead and save the cake for tomorrow when we arrive at Clipperton!
Comments
Vessel Name: Havili
Vessel Make/Model: Transpac 49
Hailing Port: Los Angeles
Crew: Sam
About: https://www.havili.org/
Home Page: https://www.havili.org/
Havili's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.